My first landscapes

Edit My Images
Yes
Just practising til I get the hang of it. C&C welcome.

First one taken in blizzard conditions shortly after my first DSLR purchase:

3633615791_1f7ea99c34.jpg

big pic here

and my first panoramic attempt:

3633384473_fcfb600186.jpg

big pic here

first one makes me cold looking at it :LOL:

i think the second could benifit from straighening the horzion, look's a bit angled to me, still a nice overall pic

Thanks. I knew someone was going to mention about the horizon lol. The thing is the slanted angle is the true angle of the field. So is it appropriate to fudge the true look of the landscape for the sake of adhering to perhaps the technical rules of a landscape photo?

Like the composition and the use of contrast on #1.

You've captured some nice colours on #2 and the clarity is cool too. The path works well in the composition, as do the hedge and clouds and i like how that side of the image is balanced by the brighter tones on the left.

Slopes are fine, i only ever see flat horizons when i go to the seaside.....or down sarf ! Most of the time in images it looks like someone has straightened them ;)

Last edited:
Like the first, and the FG figures definitely add to the composition.

just thought I'd add my third pano shot I've done - this time on a trek in Snowdonia (The Snowdon LLanberis path):

3687826077_4a9111cf92_b.jpg

First for me. Nice having the people in the shot. The second I am not really sure about, it all looks a little too wide.

The third, well the sky has been destroyed by that harsh light, otherwise I think it might be the best of the bunch.

Gary.

Back