My first macro-ish pics .. Bee & Thistle

Edit My Images
Yes
Not 'true' macro as I use a P&S and it was on the macro setting, but more of a close up :)

Either way i'm really pleased as bugs n flowers are not really my thing, and I've not tried close up shots on anything before.

C&C welcome :)

Thank you for looking.

Wow like the second one the most, i would of just boosted the contrast a little bit (but thats just me) bit like this
5778351546_7d96a959f8.jpg

Wow like the second one the most, i would of just boosted the contrast a little bit (but thats just me) bit like this
5778351546_7d96a959f8.jpg

Don't like that edit as you're losing detail - I think the original pic was just about right.

I wish some of my first tries were as good as these............well done(y)

No two for me as well.......with the slight boost!

Good 1st close up effort (y)

Keep at it Bev- things will only improve with practise ;)

Les ;)

Bev, they are a great set and if your first attempt very good indeed, I think your colour is fine and I really like #3.

Just noticed you use a compact for these shots- I raise my glass to ya- very nice ;) :clap:

Les (y)(y)

Just noticed you use a compact for these shots- I raise my glass to ya- very nice ;) :clap:

Les (y)(y)

Oh ta Les! It has got all the buttons and twiddly bits, and I am very slowly trying to learn them and not just use auto, but I am happy with the results so far :)
Its is a good one, with full manual settings so I may borrow the hubbys DSLR when I am more confident :)

Oh ta Les! It has got all the buttons and twiddly bits, and I am very slowly trying to learn them and not just use auto, but I am happy with the results so far :)
Its is a good one, with full manual settings so I may borrow the hubbys DSLR when I am more confident :)

Buttons and Twiddly bits??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Once you start using manual you'll never look back ;)

Les :D

Back