My First model shoot ( C&C welcome )

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
What a day. I had my first model shoot today and I have to say despite being a nerve racking experience it was worth it.

I was contacted by Vikkis boyfriend after I offered to help out taking some shots of her for her portfolio. Vikki ( Blonde girl in the photos ) is going into a competition and so needed some good photos. Fran ( the second girl ) turned up later in the afternoon wanting a few shots too. I wanted some shots for my portfolio so I got to models on a TFCD basis... Bargain

Anyway here are a very small number of shots from the day, I took over 300.

_DSC1616.jpg

_DSC1720.jpg

_DSC1794.jpg

_DSC1801.jpg

_DSC1816.jpg

_DSC1832.jpg

_DSC1862.jpg

_DSC1886.jpg

_DSC1932.jpg

_DSC1964.jpg

Comments and Critique very welcome so I can learn as much as possible from the day.

Pete

I would crop the first to remove the curtain pole and top of the curtains. Number three can you clone out the hair that has been blown up at the top of her head? Same with number 5 for both girls. Would just clean them up a little. Otherwise not bad for a first attempt.

Thanks for the comments Ian, yes I am going to clone out the hair, just haven't quite figured out all of the Aperture2 controls yet, will have more time tomorrow. :)

Pete

#1 for me is by far the best pose
background needs a tidy
but great pic! (y)

Thanks guys.

Yeah #1 and #6 are my favorites out of those shots. In fact I think #6 is probably the best of the whole shoot, I've cropped in closer to show the models eyes.

_DSC1832-cropped.jpg

The background in #1 isn't great, I don't have a white background and my flash wasn't powerful enough to completely overexpose it especially as it had a pattern and couldn't be stretched flat. Hopefully I'll get to give that one another go with a better background :)

I don't have a reflector Keltic, but I'm going to get one. I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy portraits much, especially studio stuff. But I loved both indoor and the outdoor work, just need to do more to get the practice in.

Once again thanks for the C&C :thumbup:

Pete

Back