My first moon shot

Nice shot. I just let the dogs out in the garden and saw the moon was up. Will have to try this shortly.

Great 1st go, pleased its not just slap bang center seems sharp enough I looked at your large size on flickr, I did a quick edit to bring out some colour

8302079124_f4e54a09d6_b.jpg

Original

8300748185_f3dfd58ba8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great 1st go, pleased its not just slap bang center seems sharp enough I looked at your large size on flickr, I did a quick edit to bring out some colour

8302079124_f4e54a09d6_b.jpg

But the moon is not that colour.

As for slap bang in the centre... you SHOULD take it smack bang in the centre, as that's the sharpest part of the image. You can always add space later if you prefer the composition, as the surrounding frame is just black.

Last edited:
But the moon is not that colour.

As for slap bang in the centre... you SHOULD take it smack bang in the centre, as that's the sharpest part of the image. You can always add space later if you prefer the composition, as the surrounding frame is just black.

The moon has got colour its just the sun shining off it to make our eyes see white and it gets blown, yeap agree take it in the middle and crop to the side (y) or move your Focus point (y)

Last edited:
The moon does have colour, yes, but it's not THAT colour. You can't say that the sun shining of it makes it look white. It's the same Sun that shines on a landscape shot you take, but you don't make adjustments for it. We knw what colour it is because we can see it :) We've mapped it's surface from orbit, and we've been there. It's not gold/yellow.

This is the colour of the moon.

Click for full res.

Back