My first MTB photo- be gentle

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just got my flash so this is the first time with off camera flash as well as my first MTB shot.

5527538290_433e470d7c_b.jpg

Not great but it's a start

Last edited:
Not usually to much of a fan of panning shots but this one is rather nice, light is good and you have the detail and sharpness in the riders face so thumbs up to you (y)

Thanks folks, I'll get some more soon and try different things. It's hard because I want to ride too!

Don't be so hard on yourself. Technically this pic is good in terms of shutter speed, lighting and sharpness. Only comments would be distracting bag in the background and the front wheel almost cropped. Great pic tho!

I really like this Paul. I have yet to really get to grips with action shots such as this.

Nicely exposed, it works :)

However it could be better with just a slight slight adjustment; The flash is freezing the riders face, the tree and some of the bag. This could be improved greatly by having all the flash hitting the rider. For me the tree being frozen more than the majority of the bike and rider is a bit frustrating.

Thanks all, your comments are very helpful and encouraging. Skawt now you have said that I see what you mean, I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to get my head around everything that I have read, camera settings, flash settings and positon, quite confusing:nuts:

like the shot show the riders focus and the motion blur
nice Trek ex 9 maybe be biased though

Gary

Nice sharp face with some motion blur. Nice combination.

I like this a lot too, looks as though it may have been a tricky shot to get like this, flash and tree shadows can be a real pain to get right..... well done:):)

Back