My first photoshoot

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Did my first photoshoot for a friends portfolio a few months ago, doing another one soon so am after some crit on these few.
Ignore the watermarks, just after some photography critique please.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Mitch by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

#4 (I think this one is a bit too dark)

Mitch & Jadene by JakeTurner1992, on Flickr

No. 5 stands out for me, didn't like no.2 cause he's turned round looking into the camera , just my opinion. Overall, good set ;-)

Last edited:
Overall a nice set Jake, number 1 is my favourite, looks like something straight out of a catologue.

be careful with the background in number 4 the railway lines make for quite distracting bokeh.

I took two pictures from the bridge, but the same position, the one with DOF looked the better, next time I'll make him stand left a tad!

Number 1 is also my favourite, but now I've posted on here I notice the penis on the wall lol.

Thanks

No. 5 stands out for me, didn't like no.2 cause he's turned round looking into the camera , just my opinion. Overall, good set ;-)

Number 2 was one of his favourites, but I see your point. Thanks

I really like number 2, guess its just personal preference

what are these pics for? a model portfolio? fashion?

Overall a really good set. My only gripe is that he looks too clean to be shot with the graffiti as a backdrop.

While I do like the variety, and general composition, my biggest concern is the dark shadows around his eyes (except the first), either fill flash or at least a white card should have been used to bounce some light to fill those shadows.

In the first, his eyes are OOF.

Last, the pair look very rigid, forced, they need to be a lot more relaxed.

While I do like the variety, and general composition, my biggest concern is the dark shadows around his eyes (except the first), either fill flash or at least a white card should have been used to bounce some light to fill those shadows.

In the first, his eyes are OOF.

Last, the pair look very rigid, forced, they need to be a lot more relaxed.

Hi Les,

Thanks for your comments, it's all a learning curve eh (y)

I didn't use a flash or anything for these, I literally just shot with the camera and a nifty fifty. As it was my first attempt I wanted to see what I could do with the equipment I had.

I do want an external flash, but like everything, waiting on some spare funds.

I've taken your comments on board and will see what I can do next time I'm out with him. :)

Hi!

Your shoots are great. But I think if would be much better if you shoot under sunlight. I think they need some more light( Like the first one)

Cheers

Hey, thanks for the comments.
I didn't have much choice on the day sadly, he needed the shots taken and edited in 1 day and printed the day after so he could take them to London the following day.
Next time we're waiting for a sunny day, but with this terrible weather, it looks like we'll be waiting a while! :bonk:

Nice job

I agree with the train tracks being a little distracting in no.4, and maybe his right hand could have a job, Maybe pocketed or elbow on wall, something like that. But good set in all.

Wish I had been able to wear a t-shirt outside over the last month. Although, he looks a tad cold in the last shot.

Nice one

Nice job

I agree with the train tracks being a little distracting in no.4, and maybe his right hand could have a job, Maybe pocketed or elbow on wall, something like that. But good set in all.

Wish I had been able to wear a t-shirt outside over the last month. Although, he looks a tad cold in the last shot.

Nice one

Thanks for the comments, all taken onboard!

It was freezing that day, was back in January (didn't realise it was so long ago, time flies!), and by the end it was getting really cold and starting to get dark.

Back