my first post here

Name
Carl Davis
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, my first post here. so here is a collection of some recent shots.

All shot in my makeshift v small livingroom or kitchen studio.

comments welcome good or bad.

Carl

321447001_rCyBr-L.jpg

311396386_dJhBY-L.jpg

312797338_zzx2c-L.jpg

321514774_mCTYj-L.jpg

Hi Photochimp,
Welcome to the forum.
What a start!
Think they are all great, well done.

Welcome great set of photos really like lighting in number 2 :)

welcome-as was said-great start:clap:

Welcome

What camera and lens are you using to take them?

Tony

Like them all but number 2 wow! great shot well done:clap:

thanks for all the comments.

these where shot with my 40d some with the tamron 28-75 others with the canon 24-105
I used my dlite 4 kit to light them.

thanks again

here are a couple more, I pretty much only shoot my family so Im sure I will bore you all with them before long.

257275021_Yi7gw-L.jpg

i dont think this one shows to much to be considered rude but I will remove if it offends
259175821_2jXV9-L.jpg

i dont think this one shows to much to be considered rude but I will remove if it offends
259175821_2jXV9-L.jpg

That ant offensive to me, just might be classed as in the wrong category :)

EDIT: This forum is where the Glamor stuff is meant to go (y)

Last edited:
The second shot is fantastic - I bet that will be in the album for many many years. Prepared to share your technique for this one too?

Superb shots of a lovely looking family! My lot run a mile if I point a camera in their direction.

thanks for all the comments.
slvrbck, I cant remember my processing for that image, but most of it came down to the lighting which was a large octobox behind me. i think the rest was playing with curves in photoshop.

graphic-addict. that shot had a fair amount of pp on it. if you get a the lighting right ie a nice light source coming from the right direction then the rest can be done in photoshop using the render lighting effects filter. then some extra work on the curves and thats it.

here is a similar one i did before trying out the technique

211080707_juFFM-L.jpg

Carl

Hi Photochimp and welcome to TP :wave:

Must say nice opening post with some lovely shots (y)

welcome :wave:

and what a great start
excellent pics - all of them
and terrific models too

interesting that in the "glamour" shot the lady doesn't seem to be wearing rings, where she is in all the others

is it the same lady?
did she remove the rings?
or
did you flip the picture round?

I like the background too - looks like she's "wearing" the fairy wings!

Welcome! And I have to agree stunning shots. How did you manage to create the quality black background on the sat down shot in a home studio?

thanks grim8634. for the shots with blackbackground I have a black cloth that I drapped over my sofa and along the floor then my wife sat on it on the floor. I potioned the lights so that as little as possible hit the cloth. it did take some burning in photoshop but not to much.
it wasnt the best looking setup but I got the results I was after.

here is another one I took at the same time removing the black cloth and pointing 1 of the lights at the wall.

311464184_7pRRk-XL.jpg

thanks again

Wow what an entrance, no 2 for me (y) but like them all.

Love them all, 1, 2 & 7 are my fav's.

In the 2nd shot, can you tell me a bit about your light positioning. And how far was the light from his face, etc?

Sorry if it's a silly question

Top photos there!

#1 and #3 are beautiful portraits. #4 doesn't quite work for me. However # 2 is outstanding - the lighting and the tones are spot on and the expression and the pose really separate this image from the hurd. Well done JB

Back