My first real photo

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all. I've just taken my first photo that I quite like.

No special settings, and not a particularly interesting subject, but when looking at it i liked the light and look of it.

Other than a sharpen and a border, no PP has been done.

And apart from the hose and bags at the side of the house, what could i have done better?

Don't hold back, i'm here to learn!

carandhousenoreg.jpg

Cool shot, nice car, nice looking house. If the 120d follows the same engine layout as the 320d expect a turbo failiure around 60k miles lol.

Cool shot, nice car, nice looking house. If the 120d follows the same engine layout as the 320d expect a turbo failiure around 60k miles lol.

Heh, it's not a diesel, it's a 116 iES. Great car so far.

Too tight at the top

Not tight enough on the left

Use perspective Tool or Skew in PS to straighten it a bit

The hose isn't an issue

Pity you bought a BMW - LOL

Heh, everything taken on board except the BMW comment! ;)

Can i add a bit to the top?

Yea, cool man. I am looking to buy a E46 318is myself as my first car. Need to pass my test first lol!!

I don't think there is much wrong with your cropping. It gives the image breathing space although the top definitely could of done with more space.

Not bad, I would have done the shot without the wet driveway. :)

not a bad first car. Mine was a £50 polo that had around 2 cylinders left firing when i sold it.

I haven't cropped the image at all, there looked to be a lot more in the view finder.

David

Yeah, but when you live in Glasgoe you have to be quick or you miss the light.

My estate is still a building site too, and the dust was settling on the car faster than i could wash it

So other than the positioning, is the composure OK? I was a poor attempt at trying to get something in the thirds.

Alternatively wet the entire driveway - the dry bit at the back and to the right of the car is distracting.

I do like the star catchlights on the bumper - I presume this was down to the small aperture (big f number) rather than a filter.

No filters were applied, this was just shot straight from the camera.

Admittedly the camera was on auto. I was just looking for direction if i was on the right track for capturing a good image.

For some reason the exif isn't in the image, i didn't remove it? So where'd it go?

Back