My first roll of film!

Name
Ned
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few shots from the film (superia 200) I had in my new FM2n and 50mm over Christmas. Not a coherent set and feel free to critique but really I'm just sharing for the excitement of getting my first film processed.

Got to say, I love the 'feel' of the film shots and the way it copes with highlights (especially the snow!), I could easily get converted...

CNV00003.JPG

CNV00006.JPG

CNV00009.JPG

CNV00028.JPG

CNV00031.JPG

Like these, excellent stuff. It is exciting, your first roll, isn't it, I'm becoming increasingly hooked on film even though I still use digital a lot.

Andy

Thanks guys :)

It's funny, I've got thousands of pictures from my digitals but hardly anything to show for them, most of them just end up forgotten about on a hard drive yet I have proof of each one of these, I think that's why I like it. Also, each is a genuine moment of time and not one that was picked from hundreds because it was the 'best'.

I like #1,#2 and #4.

#1 is a little noisy, but well controlled in the situation and looks great.
#2 with the burnt out LH side and that lovely blue to the RH side sky its great to see, I would take out the OOF twigs on the RH.
#4 just reminds me of the east end of London, great mood and I like it very much.

A big congrats on your first of many reels and of course you total conversion.

The FM2n is pretty cool and having having to use the basic meter and set the settings is teaching me a fair bit (still a way to go as you can tell by some of the above shots). I also find it quite funny the looks people give you when you have to wind it on.

That said, I just bought a F80 so I can have a 'point and shoot' SLR to get the film effect with none of the effort :D

Last one's perfect!

3 & 4 for me

4 - I like the purple lighting - not sure why I like 3, but it seems well composed & a horse is a noble beast

The horse in the snow and the flower stall at borough market for me - both excellent shots.

jo

1 & 4 because they are shot in bad light. The rest are good & as expected from a camera.

No. 4 Reminds me of Columbia Flower Market in east London..

Nice photo's

great light in #1!

such a good film, the purple light one is so awesome, also have you noticed how well it picks up skin tones?

Back