My first scanned negative

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
Yes
My first scanned image from my film shots, only got one as scanning in at college.
Will be scanning more in next few days!
Critique and criticism wanted...

Untitled by jpay01, on Flickr

Analog is by far more interesting, im tempted to say I like the print more than the digital version.

Jpay

I like the detail in the shot, but to be honest im struggling to see the point of it., Maybe if there was some sky or a main subject in the photo it would work better.

Nice range of textures and tones there Jay but just a bit lacking in the highlights perhaps? The general idea is a good black, a good white and full range of tones in between. If you can get the highlights to a good white the shots will be a lot punchier.

I like shots like this.....makes my imagaine work in wondering what and where this place is, what went on there, who lived/worked there etc etc and as to why it has been left to ruin.
I would be very happy with a shot like this ...for me a 10 out of 1O

Thanks everybody,

The shot itself was from a first visit so i can take a subject with me next time. I'll post the pictures up when i do.
Yeah, the white white's still need some bringing out but i try to avoid photoshop, mainly because i am awful with it.

Jason

That looks great. Did you have a lot of tidying up to do on the scan, dust spots etc?

I fancy getting more into the scanning of my negs and slides. What scanner and software did you use if you don't mind me asking?

That looks great. Did you have a lot of tidying up to do on the scan, dust spots etc?

What scanner and software did you use if you don't mind me asking?

I used an epson v500 i believe and the program provided with the scanner.
It automatically does some correction, but i didn't use photoshop to clean the negatives up post scan.

It is a brilliant way of sharing your negatives, i've really enjoyed doing it

I used an epson v500 i believe and the program provided with the scanner.
It automatically does some correction, but i didn't use photoshop to clean the negatives up post scan.

It is a brilliant way of sharing your negatives, i've really enjoyed doing it

Aah, I have bought the same scanner! Good to see the quality it's capable of. I must make some time to play with it.

Back