My first shoots...

Name
Hannah Smith-Chilton
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys....Let me know what you think and what i can maybe improve on please,

X

Amelia8.jpg

Not that I am really qualified on this sort of thing but at 1st glance they look pretty good, poses look fine, last one the hair crop doesn't seem to work for me. All of them seem to have signs of stray light on the left. What was the lighting setup not that it will help me but it might help someone else.

1 softbox, and 2 spotlights on the backdrop... had to quickly check in the morning of how to set up the lighting...the model absolubtly loves them , but just thought id seek some professional advice so i dont get a bit ahead of myself.

Thankyou,

x

I'm just going by what I like - I'm not a portrait photographer. All of them are too tightly cropped, and I think it must be the lighting or pp, but it has made her face look plastic.

Number 2 is certainly my favourite. I agree with lots of the other comments about lighting that plus her make up? have given a false looking shine to her face.

I'd be happy if these were my pics.
I don't like the make up, but that's a preference thing.
I reckon a simple reflector on the LH side to bounce a bit of light back and these will be spot on. Well done.

Also, try not to crop at joints or hands.

As others have said, lighting has created unfortunate shadows. I definitely do not like the plasticky complexion, and the shiny highlights/hot spots. Avoid glossy lipstick, much as the model probably thinks its brill.

Really don't like the plastic look on her skin. Is it just makeup or was there much P&P. I'm only learning lighting myself so can't comment on that. I think the poses might not be the best for this model.

Edited to say the main thing is the model is happy and its a learning experience. I know I was asked the other day to make someone look like a plastic doll

Last edited:
Back