my first 'street' photos

Edit My Images
Yes
Wel, inspired as I was, by all the talk of street photography on this forum, I decided to bite the bullet today, and fuelled by a couple of lagers, I went on the prowl around the fair city of Bath. Out of around 50 captures, these were the only half (and I emphasise that word) decent ones. Feel free to comment as it's all part of the learning process!

Chrome.jpg

Labelled.jpg

mmmmmmm_beer.jpg

SkateBoarding_Is_Not_A_2.jpg

Skateboarding_is_NOT_a_Crim.jpg

The_distance_Between_us.jpg

The_White_Elephant.jpg

yeah 'the distance between us' is very clever

nice shots

ah Bath where i spent the first 24 years of my life....i'm planning an early morning shoot there very soon.

Nice pictures by the way.

LOL!

I think everytime I've had a day off for the last 4 months I've set my alarm clock for the same sort of early morning shoot! And that's alot of days off being as though I've been unemployed for 3 of those months!

I feel quite bad as this si the the first time I've actually bothered to get off my ass and go and take some photos of bath, and I've lived here nearly two years.

I would actually like some constructive criticism on these pics. GUYS & GALS!. I would've posted them in the critique forum but there were far too many!

gandhi said:
LOL!

I would actually like some constructive criticism on these pics. GUYS & GALS!. I would've posted them in the critique forum but there were far too many!
Well that's why we have the critique forum and why we ask people to post one pic a day in there. It's quite a big job to undertake any serious critique of 7 pics, and you can't really expect people to make that much effort.

You could have posted one pic a day in the critique forum - softly softly catchee monkey.. :)

Overall they're very good pics - thoughtful and different. 'The Distance Between Us' is the clear winner for me. It might be better if you ran it through Noiseware or something similar to tone down the noise, not that the noise doesn't suit it, as it looks quite 'grainy' but it's worth doing a comparison anyway.

CT said:
Well that's why we have the critique forum and why we ask people to post one pic a day in there. It's quite a big job to undertake any serious critique of 7 pics, and you can't really expect people to make that much effort.

You could have posted one pic a day in the critique forum - softly softly catchee monkey.. :)

hmmm, hadn't actually thought of that approach! will bear that in mind for future postings!

Thanks for the feedback, gonna try the noise ninja when I get back, or I might just post several different treatments of the same photo and see what everybody prefers!

out of all of them my favourite is the first one, really strong and bold, love it :)

Nice collection of images out of which the two that I like the most are "distance between us" and "chrome". Its funny how a simple caption can totally change the feeling of a picture and draw the viewer into it. You have done really well here and put your own take and style onto a very difficult type of photography. :)

Back