My first three from the Isle of Harris

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I had a 7 day photography trip with the lads over to Harris and Lewis last week, here's the first three images I made and processed from the quite spectacularly wet and wild week on the Outer Hebrides...

Northton on day 1, the calm before the storm...
Northton by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Spectacular sunlight on the dunes at Luskentyre at the end of day 1, my mate down on the rocks left in to add a sense of scale...
Luskentyre sunlight by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The Boulder, one taken on the second day at sunset...
West Loch Tarbert boulder by Martin Steele, on Flickr

All lovely pictures Martin. Lovely colours and tones. Well done :D

All lovely pictures Martin. Lovely colours and tones. Well done :D
Thank you Alan :)

Lovely set but that last one would be on my wall if I'd taken it. I'm well acquainted with the weather in that part of the world.
Thank you Jan, I think it will be destined for my wall too, this was the image I was most excited about from the whole trip as soon as I seen it on the back of the camera :)

You've caught those stormy seas just right.

Lovely set mate. I followed your progress on FB, looks like you had a blast and I was slightly envious . I have to get there one day, it's not as far for me as it is for you, I should make the effort.

You've done it proud. (y)

Nice work.
I know about the weather there - my in-laws are there so I have seen 4 seasons in one hour! Just a shame we don't visit any more.

A place I really must get to.... Great images and i just love the first and third....

You've caught those stormy seas just right.
Great set and some amazing light !
Lovely set mate. I followed your progress on FB, looks like you had a blast and I was slightly envious . I have to get there one day, it's not as far for me as it is for you, I should make the effort.

You've done it proud. (y)
Nice work.
I know about the weather there - my in-laws are there so I have seen 4 seasons in one hour! Just a shame we don't visit any more.
That is a lovely set of shots
I love them all
A place I really must get to.... Great images and i just love the first and third....
Stunning photos! :clap:
Very nice. I do admire you (and others) for getting out there in weather conditions that would have me curled up with a good book.....

Thank you all so much, It was a brilliant week away, and to experience a full on Hebridean storm on the second to last day of the trip was incredible, I loved it :D

Nice set Martin, it looks like you had a great trip to Harris. It's certainly a place to get your photographic juices flowing, well done for braving the notorious weather conditions. Out of interest where were you staying.

Excellent set as always, Martin (y)
Thank you Mike :)

Nice set Martin, it looks like you had a great trip to Harris. It's certainly a place to get your photographic juices flowing, well done for braving the notorious weather conditions. Out of interest where were you staying.
Thank you Peter, we hired a cottage in Drinishader for the week, just down the Golden Road :)
Very nice - what settings did you use for the last one?
Thank you David, it was shot on the Lumix S5 with the 20-60mm lens at 28mm, 8 seconds, f/11, ISO100, a Kase Filters 3 stop ND and CPL, and Breakthrough Filters 3 stop hard ND graduated filter.

Lovely set. I wish I had taken them!!
Thank you Gordon

Stunning, especially the last shot :D
Thank you

Quality work as ever Martin, I particularly like the 2nd/3rd - the light and conditions really makes them stand out

Quality work as ever Martin, I particularly like the 2nd/3rd - the light and conditions really makes them stand out
Thank you Si, the third image is possibly one of my favourite images I've ever made tbh. It was challenging, dodging rain showers, sea spray and wild winds, but I loved it on the back of the camera straight away, I'm just glad it was sharp when I got it on the Mac.

Thank you Si, the third image is possibly one of my favourite images I've ever made tbh. It was challenging, dodging rain showers, sea spray and wild winds, but I loved it on the back of the camera straight away, I'm just glad it was sharp when I got it on the Mac.
I can see why - it'd be on the wall if it were mine! :) The movement in the water is just about right and gives just a hint of what the conditions were like

Thank you David, it was shot on the Lumix S5 with the 20-60mm lens at 28mm, 8 seconds, f/11, ISO100, a Kase Filters 3 stop ND and CPL, and Breakthrough Filters 3 stop hard ND graduated filter.
Thanks very informative.

Back