My first time actually trying to take a nice picture

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All

Went for a walk in the park with my family, and thought I would take the camera. I have never tried to take a picture other than of the family for memories. So these are some that I have taken, I would like people to tell me what they think about all aspects of them, I have cropped them and very slightly adjusted the colour levels.

Hi - and welcome :wave:

It sounds as though you enjoyed your walk.

#1 I like the reflection of the bridge in the water - it creates a good focal point.

#2 The composition leads the eye round the photo - there's plenty to look at in the picture, but it's calm and uncluttered at the same time. Very clever, imo.

#3 Again, composition and the reflection of the trees in the water are lovely.

(y)(y)(y)

Jean

Is that Netherton Tunnel in no 1? I have fond memories of that place :)

Yes it is Netherton tunnel I believe. I only live a mile away. Do you live local, if so wheres good to take pictures.

We have brought a new labrador, so we where checking out places to take him for a walk.
I will be taking the camera with me all the time. I only have a Sony compact, but enjoyed myself so much, my wife has got me a Panasonic FZ38 superzoom for xmas.

If I'm honest, #2 is the best of them IMO.
It has "something" to look at if that makes sense.

You have done the right thing though and took the camera with you... Many people forget - that sounds silly on a Photography forum but its true.

strongest for this set would be #2. this has so much potential and great use of leading lines. a little inclined, boost on contrast, vibrance and sharpness can do the trick.

Back