My First Time

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hey,

Well i am wanting to move from landscape and start shoot glamour/fashion etc..

This is the first time i have taken any such images, this is a candid one of my girlfriend putting her makeup on .. it's entitled "A Girls 2nd Best Friend"

Please let me know how i done and your feelings on it.

Thanks

12012798385_d710809432_b.jpg

I like the lack of eye contact, the smooth skin and the way you've included the make up brush.

For me, there are too many distractions in the image. The strange white/flesh blur on the right hand side is massively off putting. It's the brightest thing in the image and it grabbed my attention straight away. What looks to be a bag or something on a wooden chair doesn't scream glamour to me either, sorry. I think you should try and either clone them out or crop them off.

Sorry I should of said, it's taken in a mirror, The light bit on the right is her and picture is her reflection.

Mabye I should of either cropped that out or included more of her in the pic.

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:
dont think the crop works IMO, its neither here or there, unless you have all the face id crop it a bit more, the brush is a bit of a distraction as is the background and "thing" on the right side of the frame.as for eye contact id prefer it with the eyes open

on the plus side i think the lighting is good and as mentioned before she does have flawless skin

something to work on brother

What Brendan said, if the point of the shot is that it's a mirror shot, then use the mirror as a composition device.

If you have to explain it's a reflection shot it's failed, it should either not matter or be obvious. That said I've got a mirror shot in my portfolio that has no frame visible, I do get the occasional email from photographers about it though.

Back