My first TP macro/close-ups (Beware 7 in total)

Edit My Images
Yes
Lucky find...
grasshopper2_800x600_1.jpg

grasshopper3_800x600_1.jpg

grasshopper_800x600_1.jpg

Common find...
DLL_800x600.jpg

A little pink...
fox_glove_800x600_1.jpg

bee_800x600_1.jpg

Flower_800x600_1.jpg

C&C please

This is my first DSLR and used my last SLR 10yrs ago!

Andy

"a little pink" really hits the spot for me and I like the head and shoulders of your little grasshopper friend there too.

The others all look like the kind of shots we all end up taking when we just want to go and use a new camera but don't really have a plan. ;)

It's the bee on that bright flower that I like best, some good shots there. The only one i'm not too keen on is the common find, GET IN CLOSER!!!!! :D

Nice, I like the hopper and the bee, the bee shot is only spoilt by the blown highlights on the flower.

Nice set Homer, I like #2 best, the little chap looks like he's saluting :LOL:

Thanks for your comments

The hopper just sat on an old door at the side of the house just sunning itself. It allowed me to take a couple of pictures before leaping into the undergrowth. I had to tweak to bee picture to recover the detail in its eyes and hence why the plant is a bit btoo blown out. The was happily pottering around allowing me to have a couple of attempts.

Whatever the bottom plant is, I took it at night to try and get the background nice and dark. Do people car black and white card with them to aid the shot or even setup a staged background?

If you want a dark background just use flash and a fast shutter.

I am in a similar position having just bought a DSLR for the first time recently together with a decent macro lens. Macro seems to be the area I am most interested in. Just taking the last picture, the flower is wonderful but I would have been tempted to pull out the flower behind which does nothing for the picture. Without that it would be a really good shot in my opinion. I think also I would have reduced the depth of field too.

Back