My First TP Post!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this on icy Saturday morning, it is a small lake in NW Surrey.Trying to emulate some of the pictures I see on here and admire, with water, reflections, sky etc. iIN the distance it has some holy ducks walking on water!

Oatlands Park Hotel by David J2009, on Flickr

I have been practising a lot and this is the first time I have got something close to what I am looking for. It is not very 'big' scenery but slightly limited as I had my 9 month old daughter in tow!

Any thoughts?

It's a nice shot.

It's exposed pretty well but to get the nice blues the foreground is quite dark (although the detail is there which is good).

As Effjay says the tree is quite distracting / obstructing. Without knowing the view I would have moved slightly to the right so that the tree 'framed' the image more than starting right in the middle bottom. And probably cropped / composed with a little less foreground.

Nice pleasing colours and reflections.

HTH

I like this. Nice and sharp and I think the reflections work really well. Agree with others regarding the tree though.

Thank you for your comments - I couldn't decide if the tree helped to frame the image or not, the concensus is not! Perhaps if it was a little further to the left of the frame as Mark says it may have done a better job at framing than it currently does.

Small girls do not help with photography ;) They often don't allow you the time to find the best spot for the composition ;)

You have a lovely lake there and you have caught the colours and reflections well. Now you will have to keep going back. Potential is great. A series through the seasons? All the weather conditions possible? Fun for all to enjoy ;)

Nice secene well exposed but I think the foreground is uncesessary the tree to left just interupts the view and the trees hanging over the top do not frame the view
I know the time pressures of family when togging so a little time to yourself now and again helps to get the shot.

I like this. Nice and sharp and I think the reflections work really well. Agree with others regarding the tree though.
:)

so do i but the tree could have been an integral part of the shot if it was just on the left hand side
so you book-end the trees
i do like the tones of the water and foilage
all round its as good as i could do
cheers
geof

Thanks for all your comments - I like the idea of the lake through the seasons, thanks Tina!

Back