My first wedding attempt

Name
Rachel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

A while ago some of you kindly helped me in deciding what camera to get as I was looking into doing wedding photography and I eventually got myself a Canon 40D. End of last year I under took my first two weddings. I was meant to be second tog but the pro was ill and I was left to go it alone! Very scary. I thought i'd share a few of the pic's. I'd really appreciate some C & C, hints and tips. In particular how to make the bride portraits look softer either when taking or after on photoshop. Please feel free to edit.

Go easy on me :D

D_A076.JPG

D_A039.jpg

D_A0711.jpg

1119.JPG

D_A1021.JPG

2110.JPG

245.JPG

D_A325.JPG

Thanks in advance for your lovely comments :LOL:

Full days pic's at rachelbishopphotography.ifp3.com

Nothing to be ashamed of there. The flash shadow in the first shot does leap out at you mind you. ;)

As for softening the bride shots, I'd prefer to catch it in camera rather than mess about in editing.

I'd opt for a filter I think

Soft Focus Filter

Does what it says - softens the whole image.

Diffuser Filter.

All this does is slightly blur the highlights into the shadows and mid tones for a slight diffuse effect. Very flattering on the hair and skin.

Centre Spot Filter

A soft focus filter with a hole in the centre for a soft focus effect around your main subject

Thanks CT,

I have to say after seeing Kenco's thread and first wedding pic's i am a little ashamed. His are just amazing!

I've noticed the shadow prob in nearly all of the pic's :crying:
Lots of cloning required but at least i've learnt for the next one to perhaps put the flash at an angle.

The centre spot filter seems like a good one to try for this type of portrait shot.

Thanks again

Thanks CT,

I have to say after seeing Kenco's thread and first wedding pic's i am a little ashamed. His are just amazing!

I've noticed the shadow prob in nearly all of the pic's :crying:
Lots of cloning required but at least i've learnt for the next one to perhaps put the flash at an angle.

The centre spot filter seems like a good one to try for this type of portrait shot.

Thanks again

Don't worry about Ken - he's just a smart arse. :D

The flash shadow problem is a nightmare for indoor wedding shots. I'd recommend getting the Fong diffuser, or one of the cheaper Fong copies which are probably just as good.

Actually the best thing you could do is get yourself a Canon 85mm 1.2L and deff the filters, or being sensible, a Canon 85mm 1.8L which will be nearly as good for a fraction of the cost. Probably the one lens every wedding tog ought to have in his bag.

Back