My First Wedding (more pics Added)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Please bear in mind I was not the official photographer (so it doesn't really matter if these are carp :LOL:) and had to take shots as and when I could.....It was my first wedding and first time in the Hilton.

_MG_5240%20copy%202.jpg

_MG_5245%20copy.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed it and wasn't nervous in the least.....Hope I can get to another one soon!

May post others later.
TFL.
Ken.

Some candids from the day....

Girl%20&%20Boy%20Sitting.jpg

Girl%20Candid.jpg

Girl%20Smile.jpg

Romantic%20couple.jpg

A very nervous best man (brother of the groom) being comforted by his mother before the service and his speech.

Mother%20&%20Best%20Man.jpg

And a reflection.
Bride%20&%20Groom%20reflection.jpg

I really like these two. :clap: A couple of points

In no.1, the right side of her face under her eye on the cheek (as you look at the photo) seems to have what looks like a shadow. Just looks a little odd considering the lightness of the net curtaiins. Not sure how you could correct this though.

In no.2, I would possibly clone out the green/beige curtain on the left if possible. On saying that, it maybe too much hastle! :LOL:

I don't think the pro-tog could have done any better tbh!

Thanks AndyB.....I noticed the darker cheek, can only think it is down to bouncing the flash of the wall to my left??? In the second, I did consider going B/W cos I was too lazy for the cloning....:LOL: May yet give it a go though.

Thanks for the comments mate.
Ken.

The 1st is a better shot, technically and composition wise. Although I would dodge the cheek to lose the shadow.

The 2nd would have been better with a slightly lower angle, clean carpet (or a nice bit of cloth on the floor [bedsheet]), and lose the curtain. It could have been a fantastic shot...

The 1st is a better shot, technically and composition wise. Although I would dodge the cheek to lose the shadow.

The 2nd would have been better with a slightly lower angle, clean carpet (or a nice bit of cloth on the floor [bedsheet]), and lose the curtain. It could have been a fantastic shot...

:LOL: The carpet didn't bother me until you mentioned it, but now, you are right, a cloth/bedsheet or even another net curtain would have been better.

I agree with losing the carpet and the curtain in the 2nd shot and I'd like to think that had I been shooting it, that's what I'd have done.

.... and once I'd finished shooting this and all my other shots with the same attention to detail, the food would be starting to decompose, the guests long gone and of course I would had to of killed the brides mum to get the time in the first place. ;):D

In the second, I did consider going B/W cos I was too lazy for the cloning....:LOL: May yet give it a go though.

Me bill's in the post. ;)

MG_5240_copy_2-edt.jpg

The first shot is by far the best. In the second shot you did everything right with arranging the bride and the dress, but could have done better with the angle for the shot. You should oughta have really noticed that mucky carpet, but by the time you've done a few - you will!

Workman like job though. (y)

Number 1 for me, the eye contact works really well.

Thanks for the comments everyone.....

Tough crowd eh! :D I hope I don't read like I am making excuses, because I'm not and have already learned from posting this.

I'm pretty sure the carpet wasn't dirty but more the way the fibres from the thick carpet had been brushed in different directions under everyone's feet (Probably 15 people in the room). I don't think the hotel has been open long enough for the carpets to get dirty anyway.

I also wished we had time to decorate the room but the bride was running late and the hour we had planned suddenly became 20mins :eek: In those 20mins I managed to get 50 odd shots while working round 2 other togs. These included, detail on the dress before the bride put it on, bouquet, shoes, purse, the bride being dressed, champagne bottle-ice bucket & cork, as well as shots of others in the room such as hairdresser and make up person, bridesmaids etc.

It would have been nice to get more eye contact and better angles in most of my shots but again, due to time restrictions and lack of space while also working round the two official togs....I knew that this would not really be possible. I was not expecting myself to feel confident enough to actually take any shots and really only wanted to see how it all worked for the first time....but I was told to bring my camera just in case I changed my mind. To be honest, I'm not that keen on going to weddings but it's totally different behind the camera. Although I was just a little anxious on the run up to the day.....I wasn't nervous when the time came, which surprised me. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and looking forward to the next.....which is at Slaley Hall and should provide a much better shooting opportunity.

Me bill's in the post. ;)
Thanks mate....cheques in return post! :D

Again....Thanks for the comments. (y)
Ken.

I have had a go at reprocessing both shots, added a little warmth and smoothed the skin some.

Bride.jpg

NOt finished with the cloning of the nets but just to show I have started it.
Bride%202.jpg

And another shot more high key ish.

Bride%204.jpg

Thanks again.
Ken.

_MG_524020copy202.jpg

just dodged a bit of the background and her face, neck

I'm afraid I'm going to be one of the tough people to please here as I think the shadows in the original images really need some work to even them out - I find them far too distracting tbh.

On the other hand, that high-key-ish shot that you've posted is stunning, amazingly well captured imho & one of the best wedding shots I've seen for a good while. Very nicely done mate, I'd be well happy with that shot :clap:

Thanks guys.....I've added some other shots from the day to the first post.
Thanks.
Ken.

Ahhh, some of the good stuff. ;)

There is something really endearing about the best man with his trousers that are just that bit too short. ....and that girl, still the most gorgeous angel I've seen in a long while. I suspect she's just a mortal really and it's your shot that's sublime but a man can dream...... ;)

Back