My first wedding

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Ok, so this was my best friend's wedding, I did it as a wedding present as they asked me to even though I'd never shot one before. I jumped at the chance for some experience and really enjoyed it, even though it was hard work.

This was a month ago but they've only just seen the images themselves. They were delighted, which is the main thing, although I guess you get what you pay for :D

I know about the foot in number 4, I'm p'd off with it! Also I found it difficult retaining the detail of the bouquet without losing detail elsewhere, but it's all a learning curve as far as weddings and bright dresses/flowers go.

30x7ko7.jpg

31642rm.jpg

2uiu2jd.jpg

jaght3.jpg

hu5cig.jpg

29c6vep.jpg

Last edited:
Number 5 seems like there's a large amount of vignetting going on.. which means because they are at the side, they are darker than they should be.

If thats your 1st attempt you should be very happy indeed, a great little set for a newbie wedding togger....

Number 5 seems like there's a large amount of vignetting going on.. which means because they are at the side, they are darker than they should be.

Cheers, I hadn't really noticed it but can see what you mean. I never put the vignetting in myself, but I think maybe the preset I used adds a bit.

If thats your 1st attempt you should be very happy indeed, a great little set for a newbie wedding togger....

Thank you.

Good set there! :) Just watch for the distortion in the 3rd image, try not to shoot at 10mm for a portrait :)

Thanks. I included that one deliberately to see the feedback, the groom asked me to use the wide angle outside the church as he really likes the effect of the lens, 5,7 & 8 were also shot at 10mm (I think, they were at least all shot with the 10-20). PS didn't do a lot with the distortion, but it was actually one of the bride's favourite shots.

Thanks. I included that one deliberately to see the feedback, the groom asked me to use the wide angle outside the church as he really likes the effect of the lens, 5,7 & 8 were also shot at 10mm (I think, they were at least all shot with the 10-20). PS didn't do a lot with the distortion, but it was actually one of the bride's favourite shots.

Fair enough! If thats what they asked for :) (y)

on the first are you allowed to take this shot.... the weddings ive done ive been told i cant take pictures of the signing of the document?

on the first are you allowed to take this shot.... the weddings ive done ive been told i cant take pictures of the signing of the document?

I took a few, of both the bride & groom and the witnesses signing it. There was never any issue.

That first shot is pretty special; most weddings I've been to, there is a posing of the signing after the signing, but no shots of the actual signing. They'll like that!

He was more concerned with me not taking any images during the actual wedding ceremony, I even got pictures of him signing the register and he never said a word.

I think that may have come up on TP before, I don't think there's anything legally wrong with it. I may be wrong, but if I am then the vicar didn't know the laws either!

great start and some nice images. you have already picked up yourself on the main issues like the foot, so it will be in your mind next time.

I have shot B & G signing the register a few times and never come up on anyone saying i cant, but i do prefer to stage it as then u can arrange it to suit and i dont like to show any personal information etc,

Major error on the colour ones with her fingers poking out looking like a pack of sausages,when I was learning my mentor always told me to make sure that spare hand was hidden,like the mono ones though

I have shot B & G signing the register a few times and never come up on anyone saying i cant, but i do prefer to stage it as then u can arrange it to suit and i dont like to show any personal information etc,

I've had a vicar grab at my camera to stop me!

when I looked down at him and told him not to touch me he seemed positively shocked

I'd be happy with those for a first go!

I really like 8. but 3. 4. and 6. seem a little soft in the faces but it may be compression.

Major error on the colour ones with her fingers poking out looking like a pack of sausages,when I was learning my mentor always told me to make sure that spare hand was hidden,like the mono ones though

Cheers, will bear that in mind next time (y)

I'd be happy with those for a first go!

I really like 8. but 3. 4. and 6. seem a little soft in the faces but it may be compression.

Thanks. Yep, I always get that when posting images on here unfortunately.

Lovely set though i really like Number 9.
Although im not so sure about the "Who's Waldo" guys on either side.

Some beautiful photo's there mate, i wouldn't have thought it was your first wedding to be honest.

Very good set for your first go, i hope im able to produce that on my first set (y) congratz

Well done mate.

It is a scary thought weddings as there is only one chance on that day.

awesome! great stuff and alot better than my first attempt i did a couple of weeks ago!
I would be really happy with those if i were you...
Perhaps a bit too much vignette in post and 5 looks a bit too HDR from the shadows and highlights but thats a minor... the last one is nice! reminds me of a 60's party and the rat pack are somewhere out of shot.. perhaps a slight burn out of the two peeps on the side.

Great stuff and something for me to think about next wedding....Heavan forbid i get another one!!

Again, never thought you could take number 1.

Even at my wedding we were told it was not allowed and the tog had to take photos of us signing a fake one.

lovely set though :)

Blimey, I thought this thread was dead and buried!

I've actually got my second wedding on Saturday (first paid one). Funnily enough, when I spoke to the people in the registry office at the weekend while I was having a look around, they said the one thing I couldn't do was take pictures of the signing of the register!

Again, never thought you could take number 1.

Even at my wedding we were told it was not allowed and the tog had to take photos of us signing a fake one.

lovely set though :)

registrars generally won't let you take it. Generally church weddings let you. The registrars claim its a data protection issue, which is strange as the register is a public document, but I'm not going to ever have that conversation on a wedding day

For your first wedding, a set to be proud of

Back