No
IMG_7057_softbw.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6951.jpg

IMG_6953_v2.jpg

IMG_6958.jpg

Last edited:
A nice set but I agree too many for individual crit.

Definitely quite a few to give individual comments.

But the first thing that struck me was that in each one the subject is perfectly central, could do with cropping a few to give a better feel, using the rule of thirds if needed.

Thank you. I used my 135L and purposely tried to stand back and get more background in as I have a trouble of going too close. Now I've gone to the other extreme.

Your comments are much appreciated. I also feel I tend to go for portraits a bit too much.

The 135L looks like a fantastic lens, would you recommend it?

Good shots,

Thanks

Thanks Tom.

The 135L is a fantastic lens. Despite owning a 70-200 f2.8 IS II, the 135 comes out more often where I can have control of a shoot for two reasons:

1. It's amazing at f2 with creamy bokeh and its pin sharp.
2. It's lightweight - If I take my 70-200, I then can't take my 35L or 24-70 (well I can but I don't like a bigger bag).

I'd highly recommend it and it can be had for £600 odd quid.

Photogaz said:
Thanks Tom.

The 135L is a fantastic lens. Despite owning a 70-200 f2.8 IS II, the 135 comes out more often where I can have control of a shoot for two reasons:

1. It's amazing at f2 with creamy bokeh and its pin sharp.
2. It's lightweight - If I take my 70-200, I then can't take my 35L or 24-70 (well I can but I don't like a bigger bag).

I'd highly recommend it and it can be had for £600 odd quid.

I currently own the 70-200 f/4 and was looking to trade it in for a 135L. What's the material of the lens? Are they well built?

I've also got a 17-40 that doesn't get used so there's potential to trade that in for it.

Thanks,
Tom

It's plastic with a metal ring. Build quality is very good! I guess it depends on what you use the 70-200 for but you can't go wrong with the 135!

What I will say is that all frames have a child bang in the centre of the frame...there's no variety at all. If they're crops, try cropping them with a litle more individuality. If they're not crops then give your composition a little more consideration.

I do, however, love thier expressions in the second shot. They look like they're planning something.

The rule of thirds however, is not always to be literal I feel, it is up to the photographer whether he/she uses it. If this is how the artist wanted to present it's subject, then I appreciate that!

Back