My girls - any hints..?

Edit My Images
Yes
..as we virgins say, please be gentle with me - I am not used to exposing myself here..

IMG_4371_edit_edited-1_Medium_.jpg

IMG_4356_edit_Medium_.jpg

steve - edit your first post then 'go advanced' and you can correct the thread title.

Have to say those are good shots and I generally don't like mono :)

btw I removed the correct but duplicate thread as it had no replies. I'll change this thread title if you have a problem doing it yourself.

They are lovely shots, Steve, and lovely girls too!

The one on the left reminds me of me!! Same hair at the front (bet she's always wanted a fringe!!) and..........freckles!!! :D(y)
and the little one is a darling!

Nicer avatar from you too! :D

Lovely pictures.

Personally I would blur the drinks bottles in the first one as they are a bit distracting.

Chris

I find the 1st shot feels as if youre a bit too close to the girl on the left, kind of makes me sit back from my monitor to look at the pic, iykwim.
A real pair of cuies though.

I love the tones in the 2nd shot. (y)
She looks so deep in thought and slightly tinged with sadness ...though I bet the reality is she was just engrossed in the PS or watching the tele!

though I bet the reality is she was just engrossed in the PS or watching the tele!

Oh yes....the shine on the lips and the eyes says "Get out the way Daddy, Teletubbies is on"!! :D

What cute girls :)

I agree about the bottles on the first one.
I prefer the second one, such a lovely candid capture. Very captivating eyes.
She looks deep in thought.

Robert P - Thanks - I have now edited the title..!
Bottles do need blurring, so I will have a go, but may not be albe to post results till later,a s the sun is getting hot, and we will loose our internet connection very soon ( a long story..)
Janice - Billie has only just grown out her fringe..
Inaglo - we have no telly - she was just doing as she was told with the threat of no supper..

Many thanks for all the positive stuff - I was rather worried about putting some pictures up on display !
More to come as and when then - sorry..

OK, still here - how do I blur something using Elements 5..?
I am totally new to it, so simple advice please...

OK, with a little friend who also knows nothing, here is a slightly blurred-bottle version - enough, or more needed..?

IMG_4371_edit_edited-1_Medium_blurred_2_Medium_.jpg

SW4 Peter - I am in Almeria, way down south - what would it take to darken the background then...?

Steve:
I know the feeling. The best photo opportunites always present themselves when there is 'litter' in the background. (With my house, that's everywhere, so you won't see any pics of my Granddaughter'. )
I think the expressions sre great and what lovely girls. Enjoy watching them grow up.
John

Nicer avatar from you too! :D

Janice - clearly, and unsurprisingly, you fancy the pants off me - good taste, even if it's me saying that....
I see elsewhere you can't decide about your battery grip - let me know if you want to sell - I have never tried one, but from such a wonderful person as you, I might just be willing to give it a go..

Janice - clearly, and unsurprisingly, you fancy the pants off me - good taste, even if it's me saying that....

err ,,,rather putting words in my mouth there, I think!!

What I am saying is that it is an improvement to your last avatar .......... which is not quite the same thing !!!:D

Wow Steve.. they are great!!

The second one reminds me of the film 'Straw dogs' i think it was called, With a very famous actor and his daughter playin.. his daughter..
Anyway, its got that olie worldie feel to it.. ok, im odd.. who cares.. lol..

I think thet are great shots..

Steve, sorry to be so long in replying. I added my thoughts in the Natural Light thread. :)

- CJ

Both great shots – shot two does it for me – angle of gaze is perfect – is she sad, deep in thought…? A real attention grabber

Nickperry68 - neither, just waiting for chocolate (well, actually, that is a lie, as she can't eat dairy products, causing us no end of stress when she was smaller..)
Many thanks for your comments - more pictures of her will follow, and of her sister too...
Thanks to all for so much positive encouragement !
Steve

Back