My Goldcrest,s in crap light

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,i took these last saturday in crap light but i am still happy how they turned out,

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

Rear view on the last one,thanks for looking,

regards,
john

A lovely set John, well done.

Regards: Gordon

Happy?? You should be delirious with those. :clap:

Love the first one John and good compo to lose the bread.

Last edited:
Lovely set John (y) You are getting good with these Goldcrest shots :D

Scratches head at #5 though :thinking: It looks like the beak is transparent and you can see the twig through it. The strange thing is John I noticed something very similar with somebody else`s picture the other day. I did not mention it as I thought perhaps it was just an anomaly :shrug: Now I am wondering if it is my eyes packing up :puke:

Scratches head at #5 though :thinking: It looks like the beak is transparent and you can see the twig through it. The strange thing is John I noticed something very similar with somebody else`s picture the other day. I did not mention it as I thought perhaps it was just an anomaly :shrug: Now I am wondering if it is my eyes packing up :puke:

It's not you Rich - that is odd! I'd guess it's down to some slight head movement where only the lighter branch has registered. Is it a flash shot?

That's a really nice set John...re the see through beak, looking at the bird in that shot the wings and tail show a lot of motion blur so it would seem that the bird has indeed moved in some way which if it included the head could have led to the ghostlike appearance of the bill.

That's a really nice set John...re the see through beak, looking at the bird in that shot the wings and tail show a lot of motion blur so it would seem that the bird has indeed moved in some way which if it included the head could have led to the ghostlike appearance of the bill.

That's the most likely explanation and let's face it they're a very twitchy little bird!

That's the most likely explanation and let's face it they're a very twitchy little bird!

I have a copy of British Birds on DVD and sure enough when it comes to the goldcrest the guy filming it has a real hard time keeping up with all the movement, its even more amusing watching my cat try to keep up with it.

Sorted (y) Right now shall we get back to Johns Goldcrest ?;)
Who started all this :shrug:

Some pedant with eyes like a **** house rat! :D

But yep - love that first one - I'd be inclined to just brighten it a smidge.

Is it my turn now :naughty: :D
To be honest, I hadnt noticed that effect on the beak until you pointed it out, your suggestion seems reasonable as a cause though.
No 1 is my fav but I like the pose on 5 too. 5 looks a tad soft to me as well as the beak effect, but then that could all tie in with some fast movement from the bird. Under poor lighting I think the whole set is good, I'd be very happy to have taken these (y)

Just to shut you two up :naughty: I think he's been telling lies the way his beak has grown :D
5412846837_3c9cec2595_b.jpg

Sorry John, I'll remove it if you want, it just had to be done though :D

Last edited:
Good set John - like the angle.

very nice John! I'm sure I recognise that little chappie!! he'she likes the bread!!

Back