My Granddaughter

Gorgmouse.............

a sparkle could be added to the photo with a little more processing, but a lovely pose and lovely gal.........

Hi Gary, I have agree with Mark- it's also a tad soft focus wise- I have done a quick edit added a touch of unsharp mask in Photoshop and warmed the image slightly

Hope you don't mind?

Les

Hi, thanks for your kind comments. I am a bit of a newbie just getting to grips with exposure and d.o.f etc. all comments and help gratefully received.

This is another image of her taken at the same time (late evening) on her birthday, just playing around in the garden.IMG_0103.jpg

Lovely pose- but once again a little soft focus wise- may I ask what Shutter Speed / Aperture/ ISO you used???

Les

Here they are to compare

Yours

My Edit

as you can see mine is more defined - look at her eyes and hair and flag for example.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's Les, see what you mean, will have to look more into post processing, at the moment I am trying to do better in camera.

1/30th 50mm f3.5 iso 200

Last edited:
Thank's Les, see what you mean, will have to look more into post processing, at the moment I am trying to do better in camera.

1/30th 50mm f3.5 iso 200

Gary,

Photo's are good, but with a little perking up afterwards would look much better.

If you use Windows 10, their photo programme "photos" is a basic but a quite good editor. Goto Edit then "Enhance" Will usually improve your image...................

There are many editors around, for jpg's and RAW.

Forgive me if you are more advanced, Lightroom is popular, and very complicated! Not sure what Mac's have but would assume they have similar levels of editing.

Anyway keep going you are definitely on the right track, and lets see many more of your photo work.

FWIW, I am no expert................:):):)

Best regards

Mj :olympus:

1/30th 50mm f3.5 iso 200

Right, I believe the problem lies with the settings 1/30th sec is slow - well, too slow to capture a moving image with any sharpness - even more so hand held

f3.5 is a shallow depth of field too, not much room for error on a moving subject. Maybe push the ISO up slightly ( no more than 400 I would recommend) giving you the option to up the shutter speed or stop down the aperture to f4 or even f5.6

give it a go, but keep at it, practise makes perfect as they say- good luck

Les

Back