My head is stuck!

Edit My Images
Yes
My 484 ball head is stuck on my 190Pro Tripod. I really want to try out my new 486 head but I can't get the 484 off! I tighten it right up as far as I can but rather then it unscrewing the ball just slips. Any ideas?

Guess there are a few jokes to be made out of this thread, balls, heads, tight, screwing, slipping!!!!!!

Make the ball head cold so it shrinks a tiny bit. Try ice or peas.

Try using rubber or latex gloves for a bit of extra grip.

Make the ball head cold so it shrinks a tiny bit. Try ice or peas.

Wouldn't that mean that it will grip the stud on the tripod even more? Might wait till tomorrow and leave it in the sun to warm up.

Cold = contracts, warm = expands.

GCSE physics says cool it :)

But the stud is part of the tripod, so if I cool the head won't it just get even tighter on the stud?

No it will get looser. There will be more of a gap between the threads. Youd have to cool both parts down I think wouldnt you.

Well im completely confused now!!!

I don't get it!

Well as it happens Ive just tried mine (never tried to get it off since I bought it) and it only moves about half an inch round then stops. :(

Perhaps thats not the way to get it off. Is it to do with the 3 screws underneath it... i cant remember how I put it on to be honest.

It should look like this once removing the ballhead...

So it should be just a job of unscrewing the ball head unit from this bolt. :|

I simply screwed it on. Must have had my spinach that day!! I'll try again tomorrow, must go to bed now.

Are there three screws underneath? My 190CL has three screwholes securing it, and they need to be loosened before the head can be unscrewed off.

Are there three screws underneath? My 190CL has three screwholes securing it, and they need to be loosened before the head can be unscrewed off.

My 190 is like that as well, three grub screws underneath, undo them and off she comes..................awaiting a new ball head off Redsnapper.............:D

Is there a hole on the side of the base with this head? I've over tightened mine a few times and had to use a screw driver in the hole for more leverage.

It does have 3 screws underneath yes but the diameter of the 484 head is so small that those screws don't actually make contact with the head. No hole on the side to get some leverage either.

Running out of ideas now! HELP

Forget that, its just come off!

Hi,

I can see the Sunday headlines now ....." Janice helps Steve with head, comes off in hand " :LOL::nuts::LOL:

:exit:

We are soooo gonna get it.....!! :puke:

This thread just made me go check my 322 head, and it comes off easily enough, but now I know I am meant to tighten those 3 grub screws, which I hadn't previously :bonk:

The balance is restored :D

Mike.

Back