My "Heirloom"

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
After seeing Witch's heirloom thread, thought I'd share these I took yesterday. Tis something ma gran gave to me on my 18th birthday. Not worth much monetary value, but meant alot to her, was my grandads.

Now question, does anyone know if it is of any significance, as my Gran's info was abit sketchy.

ps, how goods the photography?

DSCF2428.jpg

DSCF2427.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

u have the stamp on it and u know it was made in bolten u could try jewllers to see if they could chase up the history of it??? or take it to a local museum? or antiques dealer

Youve cut off the very bottom of it in the first 2 pics, and in the third, theres some spots either side of the clasp. Saying that, the 3rd is the best as its all in shot :)

Nice piece, whatever it may be :)

That's a nice thing to cherish for sure, photographically the last shows the whole thing but at f3.5 the DOF isn't quite enough to get it all in focus. Unless that was the look you were after. ;)

I love the third shot - the depth of field leaving the chain at the back very slightly out of focus. I think it might have been nice if the very front of the medallion was sharp as well though - maybe re-shoot with your focal point slightly further forwards?

It's an interesting piece for sure - might be a silly question, but have you thought of just googling the lettering from the medallion? You never know, it might turn something up?

Hmm, can't find much that relates 2bh, and as for the DOT, I did sort of want to blur the chain a little, to draw attention to the main piece. Spots near the clasp? twas dust on the paper I was using as a BG I'm afraid. Its scary how mucky things are close up!!!!!

The assay mark says it is 9ct gold made in Birmingham in 1910. There is another stamp marked on it but I can't make it out. This could be the makers mark.
These watch chain medals were sold in hundreds as blanks, then engraved to personalise them. Try to find out what the initials mean, this will give you a good start for your research.

Back