My hide Autumn/Winter 2014/2014

Alan McFadyen

Suspended / Banned
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I will be posting all the shots on this thread for the next 6 months as I know the same subjects can annoy some people if they keep seeing the same subjects on different threads time after time. We all have different opinions on this, but I feel its better this way. Any way today saw the two new replacement hides completed after a lot of hard work over the last few weeks. I have hardly had time to take a shot so I had a couple of hours today for a test session to see if all the new changes affected things. The Sparrowhawks don't usually show until after the 1st week in September so I was over the moon to see a new young Male come in today. Unfortunately I wasn't set up for him as it was a test run, school boy error :) Any way despite average shots I am buzzing that it appeared relaxed so early. If you like Sparrowhawks and woodland birds you will like this thread over the next few months, but if you don't please do not look in as it will drive you crazy :D
9616653690_57991ee1b7_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I'll be following the thread with interest. I always like your shots.

And 2014/2014? ;)

Can't see any images so far, viewing from my app.

Last edited:
Good stuff(y)

I agree about the subjects all being in the same thread if you're going to run it over a prolonged period of time(y) Nice one;)

Looking forward to following this one Alan.
Have you had any luck with the kingfisher wide angle shot yet?

Cracking set and a classic nuthatch shot - one of my favourite birds
Loking forward to the next in the series
Green with envy that you have resident sparrowhawks!

I shall be popping in here on a regular basis Alan. Now I know they are not :D but these have taken on that cut and paste look to them. I am interested if you have changed much regards to the distance from the hide to your subjects compared to your last series of Spar shots? I assume you are using the same lens :shrug:

The test run looks superb Alan (y), I am expecting to see more of your brilliant work soon. Hopefully at some point you could tell us more about your setup :) with some images too :D

R

Ill be posting some shots of the set up this week mate, but cant give too many secrets away as I don't want others copying too much as its really difficult getting to the stage and took a few years to fine tune. As you probably know its run as a business and a popular bird to photograph amongst photographers. Thanks for the comment.

Looking forward to following this one Alan.
Have you had any luck with the kingfisher wide angle shot yet?

Everything is in place mate, but all my free time is used at the moment setting my other 3 hides up. I think Ill wait until the colder weather to get a frost or snow shot. Thanks Marty

I dont believe you mate. I think you are keeping that Sparrowhawk in a shed somewhere until the season starts.

Good luck with it mate, it must have been quite a bit of work removing the other hides and placing the new ones. have a funny feeling this thread will be viewed many many times over the next 6-7 months.(y)

Last edited:
I shall be popping in here on a regular basis Alan. Now I know they are not :D but these have taken on that cut and paste look to them. I am interested if you have changed much regards to the distance from the hide to your subjects compared to your last series of Spar shots? I assume you are using the same lens :shrug:

Same distance and lens, I rushed through things so maybe that is why and light was really harsh. I told you before do not confuse me with technical stuff :LOL:

I dont believe you mate. You give me access to your old hide and not the new comfy one, you invite me on a day its pouring down and you keep the Sparrowhawks away until after my visit...:shrug::shrug::nono::nono:

Good luck with it mate, it must have been quite a bit of work removing the other hides and placing the new ones. have a funny feeling this thread will be viewed many many times over the next 6-7 months.(y)

Sorry Mark, but I didn't make the port holes big enough for your 600 )))))) It was a mammoth task, thanks to Danny Green, Mark Hancox, Chas Moonie, NatureNev and the 2 joiners. Oh better not forget the handful of Polish guys :)

As always some very nice images i look forward to seeing some more of your images over the coming months. Maybe i will get over your way some time to add to my go north threads. Keep up the good work (y)
Regards
Richard

Nice speaking to you again tonight Alan, looking forward to coming up again ,glad to see the work coming along and hopefully a new Mad max if they could be one.

Well if these are anything to go by this is going to be a great thread. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thats a nice set, and good to hear that the young Sparrowhawk paid a visit ... well done.

Looking good mate, I'll be looking forward to seeing how things progress in the coming weeks and months! I must look at this forum more regularly, some interesting stuff on here!

I love the Jay, such lovely colours; although I'm a bit biased I raised one as a child when it fell out of its nest.

Thanks for all the comments folks, I was up tonight doing some work and grabbed a shot of the new hides just to give you an idea of the set up.

9625277772_8e500d2094_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Up doing some work today, it never ends. Every hour I go in the hide for 10 minutes to let the birds feed so I always take the camera as Im waiting. Run of the mill photos, but it was poor light so no action shots Im afraid.

9631418736_959ee4848e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back