My Highlands Set

Guys,

Here is my very first self processed shot using Capture NX. A very slight crop.

3241780535_6b3ce2c576_o.jpg

Have I pushed it too far? Easy to get carried away with new tools!

Gary.

Looking pretty good from here Gary.

Maybe a touch too orange in the clouds but it still looks great.

I love how you can go back, and just edit the step without changing anything else!!

Cheers for the tutorial, I will certainly keep playing with it and try and master.

Gary.

Well, I think this is a clear case of excellent cloud control :D The gap in the clouds leads the eye to the distant peak. Well observed and captured.

How close are the colours to what you saw? It looks a bit sulphurous to me but the light can be that amazing, so :shrug:

I'm thinking about NX Capture as opposed to Lightroom, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it. :)

Jean

Well, I think this is a clear case of excellent cloud control :D The gap in the clouds leads the eye to the distant peak. Well observed and captured.

How close are the colours to what you saw? It looks a bit sulphurous to me but the light can be that amazing, so :shrug:

I'm thinking about NX Capture as opposed to Lightroom, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it. :)

Jean

Superb work and a set to make my knees wobble as I really miss Nikon and NX2 !!!

smoo cave is something else eh, the water is so powerful there

nice set of images gary

dave

Brilliant set of images Gary.

Great set ...I like em all.

Another great set of Highland photos on this site. Really do love photos four, six and seven. These have been really well processed and worthy of hanging on any wall.

Some lovely sights, 5,7 & 9 really stand out for me, I have to get myself up there this year.

:clap: That's a stunning set Gary and I'm finding it hard to pick a favourite.

:D Ok I'll choose number 6...The light is fantastic.

These are superb images - Light looks stunning. Would love to see the GPS route, if and when posted.

I'm at risk of being very boring here but -

WOW

What a great team you and Ghandi made. :notworthy:

You had some truly incredible skies and made the most of them. Like nearly everybody else, #6 is the one I keep going back to. You couldn't have staged that sky any better. I hope you're going to print some of these, Gary.

It sounds as though you all had a great time.

Jean

No. 9 looks good here too ;) 6 is also a great shot, love the dark brooding sky :)

Thanks everyone, always appreciated.

Deigo, how are you finding the MKII ? I must search out the thread you started a while back...

Gary.

As I just said to Woodsy, all excellent and I hate you all (jealosy is a terrible, cruel mistress).
Loving 6, 9 & 10 especially. The road in 6 is so well exposed and lit it just leads your eye perfectly through to the hills beyond. The Quiraing is one of my favourite places and that image does it justice (which is more than my efforts so far have managed) and Fire in the Sky is a great, dramatic image.
The Broadford ones are great images but just lack the drama and granduer of the others imo. Still would have been happy to have taken them though.

Andy

As I just said to Woodsy, all excellent and I hate you all (jealosy is a terrible, cruel mistress).
Loving 6, 9 & 10 especially. The road in 6 is so well exposed and lit it just leads your eye perfectly through to the hills beyond. The Quiraing is one of my favourite places and that image does it justice (which is more than my efforts so far have managed) and Fire in the Sky is a great, dramatic image.
The Broadford ones are great images but just lack the drama and granduer of the others imo. Still would have been happy to have taken them though.

Andy

Cheers mate,

I hope to squeeze another set out at some point. Not sure if I will manage or not, but will be on the case soon enough...:D

Gary.

Wow, that last pic you posted is amazing. what light. I really MUST get to Scotland soon, it's been aaaaages!

A lovely set of images. :)
So pleased you had such a great time. Sounds like it needs to be an annual event!

A lovely set of images. :)
So pleased you had such a great time. Sounds like it needs to be an annual event!

It now is :). Twice a year too!!! This is just the start of my love affair with the highlands :D

Gary.

It now is :). Twice a year too!!! This is just the start of my love affair with the highlands :D

Gary.

I loved it so much, I moved up here! Hope you've left some snow on the Cuillins as I'm off to Skye again this weekend. :LOL:

I loved it so much, I moved up here! Hope you've left some snow on the Cuillins as I'm off to Skye again this weekend. :LOL:

Very envious. I aim to settle in the west highlands if my wife allows it, if I can convince her its only an hour from Glasgow...

Where are you based? Are any of your photos online?

Gary.

Thanks! :D

Remember though, processed by Gandhi, and no matter what he says, I would not have been able to do the same with my files. Kudos to him.

Gary.

oh yes...spencer is a great guy,and has processed your shots very well indeed..will have to get up to scotland one of these days...it makes wales look like the norfolk broads :LOL:

oh yes...spencer is a great guy,and has processed your shots very well indeed..will have to get up to scotland one of these days...it makes wales look like the norfolk broads :LOL:

If you fancy a weekend in a camper with a dodgy scotsman, just say the word. Any excuse for a few days off work, and a trip to some lovely landscapes! :)

Gary.

A fantastic set - really good.

Nice variety in subject and composition.

Where next?

Well, I plan on personally spending a few more weekends in and around the highlands, before the BIG highlands trip around the summer solstice (planning stages at moment). I have a week on the Isle of Mull in may, and I am planning to visit the Isle of Arran in the next 3 to 4 weeks. I just love Scotland, and the scenery in my opinion, is awe inspiring.

Gary.

3 :clap:

6 :clap:

imho

md(y)

Fantastic set Gary :clap: That Gandhi chap ain't half bad for giving you some guidance with the PP either (y)

Very envious. I aim to settle in the west highlands if my wife allows it, if I can convince her its only an hour from Glasgow...

Where are you based? Are any of your photos online?

Gary.
I live on the east coast near a 'town' called Brora.
Hmmm.. 1 hour from Glasgow? Do you have a Lear Jet? :LOL:
I've got a PBase gallery at http://www.pbase.com/trevorhughes where I keep some of my favourites.
Thanks for sharing your images, I haven't visited the north for over a year and it was lovely to be reminded of its beauty. :)

Fantastic set Gary :clap: That Gandhi chap ain't half bad for giving you some guidance with the PP either (y)

He has inspired me, really cool guy.

I live on the east coast near a 'town' called Brora.
Hmmm.. 1 hour from Glasgow? Do you have a Lear Jet? :LOL:
I've got a PBase gallery at http://www.pbase.com/trevorhughes where I keep some of my favourites.
Thanks for sharing your images, I haven't visited the north for over a year and it was lovely to be reminded of its beauty. :)

Excellent collection of images, inspirational.

Gary.

An excellent set, very difficult to pick a favorite......so I won`t :D. Really love the highlands and youv`e bought out the atmosphere of the place.

Some lovely sights, 5,7 & 9 really stand out for me, I have to get myself up there this year.

Reading through the posts I was wondering if I would be the only one to pick these three... I'm not alone :clap:

Excellent set as usual Gary. Very atmospheric indeed (y)(y)(y)

Back