My "Home Studio"

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys I posted on another part of this forum some pictures I took in my "home studio" and thought I would post the set up here for people to maybe get some inspiration from...specially us that dont have much money. :LOL:

So...here is the set up.

2147734794_4a15bf20c7.jpg

It compromises of
3 x white stretched artists canvas'
1 x "spot-light" lamp with 60W Bulb

And thats basically it. :LOL:

Only living in a small house and very short of space. Its taken on the landing of our house, at the top of the stairs...(y)

Here is the outcome from some of the images.
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=471761#post471761

What did the photo come out like?

Yeah I looked at something like that...but....mine dint cost half that much! :LOL:

I know, just giving this as a possible alternative, especially if someone doesn't already have a tripod and the lighting!

lol that is a really simple set up but the results are amazing, was that lamp the only light source in your photos? or did you use flash too?

I know, just giving this as a possible alternative, especially if someone doesn't already have a tripod and the lighting!

hmm looks neat.. any examples of what you ahve achieved with this.. presumably no flash required?

I really like the idea of using the canvases, I have tried a light tent in the past but I think it was too small (cheap!). I will definetely give this set up a try. Cheers!

I've beem looking at all the rooms in my house to see which would be best for a studio - i didn't think about the hallway - thanks - nice idea and photos

Thanks...I didnt have anywhere else to really use so the landing was the perfect opportunity for me. :) Plus you've got the 90 degree angle for the boards to stand up themselves.

hmm looks neat.. any examples of what you ahve achieved with this.. presumably no flash required?

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=43079 That should take you to the "Flowers and Beads" thread which are the photographs from this set up. I didnt use the flash just used the direct light from the lamp.

I really like the idea of using the canvases, I have tried a light tent in the past but I think it was too small (cheap!). I will definetely give this set up a try. Cheers!

Welcome :) I wanted to try something that wasnt as "permanent" as such as a light tent, plus found they can be quite small? Plus you can have these portrait or landscape. I think I got about 4 for £6, the light/lamp I have in my room. And then the things that you have laying around the house.

There is another thread with the pictures in; sure Del will dig it out for you :)

I have done (y)

i like this idea:)

Back