My ISS shot went Viral

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
I popped down to Stonehenge last night to try to catch the ISS pass.. I managed to prop my tripod up on the 6ft fence, and took a set that looked good on the camera.. came home, uploaded and tweeted it..
Didn't expect it to go viral! The commander onboard the International Space Station retweeted and the rest went from there.
Its been on ABC news in the States, and also Good Morning America today, ITV have it tomorrow..
Pretty bowled over by the huge response! Not sure how I'll follow this up!

EXPLORED - Stonehenge ISS Pass by Tim Burgess : Perfexeon, on Flickr

Its currently showing just over 64,000 hits in 24 hrs!

Amazing shot.

Superb image well done will look out for it on itv tomorrow.

Superb, well done.
Enjoy your new found stardom, excuse the pun

Happy days :clap:

You must be, deservedly so, very proud of yourself. (y)

Brilliant work. You deserve all that attention, it's amazing! Thousands of years of progress captured in one image.

Contextual and awesome, well done!

Great shot. Well done for putting yourself out there.

well done that man just think now that's a story to tell the gran kids well done tim

Brilliant image Tim and congrats on the massive exposure (excuse the pun) (y)

Patient, good composition. Really a super one off shot. £££££££££s

Superb exposure and interesting story too. Well done.

@VirtualAstro has just tweeted your picture so expect even more hits (y)

@VirtualAstro: Have you seen the all time best ISS shot Ever? It took 5000 years of progress to get this shot! By @TimBurgess http://t.co/POeLOLlKll

Last edited:
Wow really nice. Awesome that it got a tweet off the captain.

I was going to give it a go the same night but my tripod got stuck in the mail office at work.
Hope I can get a shot this weekend although doubt it will be anywhere near as good as this somehow.

I would like to do a night shot of stone henge, I dont know much about it but looking at the website it says visiting closes at 6pm. Is this right or can you still go afterwards somehow?

I would like to do a night shot of stone henge, I dont know much about it but looking at the website it says visiting closes at 6pm. Is this right or can you still go afterwards somehow?

You can't get inside the fence after closing time, but you can get to the path running outside the fence :)

Thanks guys, pretty amazed by the coverage and sheer number of views!
:) just trying to work out my strategy for the next ISS pass phase in June :)

Yep, the will allow access at certain times..

It's now just about to creep past 82,000 views.. That's 2k more than the Olympic stadium can hold!!

It was also on ITV Meridian news this eve..

Fingers crossed Sky at night might show it ;)

Stupid 6ft fence.

I have no idea how you kept your camera stable looking over that thing!
All my attempts have ended in blurred crappy shots or looking through the fence.

Congrats on an amazing shot, I wish I could have got even the stones looking that good let alone getting the ISS in there too, well done on the planning.

Keep up the good work, and please, licence this image for posters :) I can see it in student dorms everywhere :p

Back