my late bsb silverstone pictures

Name
colin
Edit My Images
Yes
hey all

what racing that was and for there to be less than a second between them, really can't wait for brands hatch now! :)
heres me best from sunday found a really good place to get some focused eyes shots at vale let me know what you think good or bad (y)

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Need to be able to see your exif data or know what settings and also camera/lens you used to give you some help.
All look a little soft with a slight colour cast in all honesty,sorry.

At Vale from Specy side you need to get as far over to the left as you can and use about 400 or 500mm to get the best from there,have a look at NickR's thread to get an idea of how it would look a little more round.

Seeing you had editing ticked I had a play with your Shakey shot for you.

Set White and Black point with the levels adjustment in Photoshop using the eye dropper tool with white point off front fairing and black point off rear tyre at darkest point under fairing by chain.

Adjusted highlights and shadows by 9% on each and then tweeked curves by eye as best as possible.

Cropped as 5x7 and replaced lower left of tarmac which I had lost during crop by using content aware.

Then was a bit heavy with the Unsharp Mask to be honest as had to use 100% at a radius of 1.0 and threshold of 3.

And got this for you (y)

i-rQJv3jH-XL.jpg

Hope you don't mind and can remove if it offends you as I don't normally do this for anyone.

DO I MIND!?
can i send all my photos over :LOL: thats the best ive ever seen one of my pics!!
thanks for all the advice im going to get back on photoshop and try again see i might come back with a few questions :LOL:
thanks again i really appreciate you taking time to help me. (y)

My pleasure bud and will try to answer any questions you have as best as I can

Have a good read online of post processing and in the image editing part of TP as you will be amazed how much can be pulled out of a jpeg if exposed correctly.

There is a war regarding exposing to the left or the right but I still prefer to under expose slightly by a half or a third of a stop then pull back in post.

One last one for you before I go and sort the kids out and wash the car (y)

i-kGCCVC7-XL.jpg

Great images and made greater by Glen the master :)

I was as far left as you can get at vale but I guess you were there on race day so probably were stuck where you were.

I use Zenfolio and FlickR for my online galleries, good thing about FlickR it's very easy to share an image on here or other forums by inserting the BBBcode of the image you want to share.

Cheers

Just shows what potential there is in some of these shots. Glen's edits are super and show what can be done. #3 & #11 are shots I would be very pleased with.

thanks all for you advice and another stunning pic edited :)
i do have one question i took these with a sony a200 which is a 10.2mp if i had a 16mp camera would these come out any better? does it make a difference?
thanks again

thanks all for you advice and another stunning pic edited :)
i do have one question i took these with a sony a200 which is a 10.2mp if i had a 16mp camera would these come out any better? does it make a difference?
thanks again

It would give you a bit more room to crop but i have seen some cracking pictures from people using an EOS MKIIN which is only 8.2 MP and infact Andrew Wheeler of Automotophoto fame still uses one today.

Silverstone is such a big track and with bikes being so small it pushes even the best of kit to the limit and as you can see with the correct pp and also file hosting your pictures will look very different.

If you can afford to make the trip to Brands for the final the GP loop has no high fences to compete with and is excellent for photographers spec side as the difference to where you can shoot from and us media togs can shoot from is only one or two steps in places.

funny enough i was there today for the BTCC which seemed like a good idea when i left home, it rained all day but in the end i walked the whole circuit, how i didn't fall over still baffels me :) never seen so many muddy foot paths ended up walking along holding onto the wire fence for dear life. i understand what you saying, last time i stood at the first hairpin and got some cracking photos. i'am going next weekend also renting a 400mm lens and going saturday and sunday so just going to go snap happy and see what i get :)

heres another question, do you shoot in RAW or jpeg and which is better to edit?

Really like that shakes shot. Amazing really how much abit of editing can make to your picture.

In answer to your question RAW is better to edit as a jpegs is in a sense are a edited raw file. The one thing to bear in mind is that RAW takes a lot more space on your card as they are a lot bigger files.

I shoot in jpeg as if I am covering all classes and races along with grid I take up to 2000 images in a day and sometimes more lol.

Loads of arguments about what is best but for quickness I use jpeg and saves a shed load on storage.

hi one more question, sorry
i had a go at editing this one see what you think? to me it doesn't seem as polished as yours, if thats makes sense?

thanks again for the help :)

Back