Daily My late start 366 - BobBCN

Cheers - it was just a point and shoot with the mobile, but I will be going there again (well, in fact every day actually) with the real camera so some manual settings to be worked out. Also have an idea for a long exposure of the train doors closing, plus some others. Keep tuned!!

356/366 (2012)

Chocolate Cake Abstract!

Betcha can't eat just one .........

356 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Well, as it's actually an athletics track, not surprising really!! :LOL:

I've jumped ahead yet again so I'm already up to Friday 21st - next week is the last week of term so generally chaotic. Just realised, however, that at number 356 I'm just 10 shots away from completion.

"Commencing countdown, engines on, check ignition etc"

Last edited:
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 .......

So three shots from Christmas Day, all long exposures using various props as available .....

363 - a quiet walk in the evening .....

363 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

364 - but the streets are practically deserted .....

364 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

365 - and the bars start emptying .....

365 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And that's me done for all but one!!

Ahead of schedule but as I'm flying back to the UK on the 28th I need to get this ship home beforehand.

OK so here is the last one of the year! Before time but there you go.

It's a Coke can shot with my phone - just a curiosity as the decoration has a distinct Catalan theme to it and I'd never seen one before .....

366/366 (2012)

366 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And so on to 2013 . . . . .

I will be continuing with a new 365 next year, but with a slightly different format. I plan to post 7 shots a week but all on one day starting on the 7th January. The only condition is that the shots will have to have been taken during the week. I have also added a thematic touch to it with 12 different themes (according to my preferences) which will be repeated 4 times (48 weeks in total) leaving about a month at the end for something to round off the challenge.

Here are the themes/weeks:

Week 01, 13, 25, 37 - Concrete Jungle Architecture and all that.
Week 02, 14, 26, 38 - Plastic People Dummies in shops, statues in museums etc
Week 03, 15, 27, 39 - Bokeh Bonanza Blurry backgrounds, blurry foregrounds .....
Week 04, 16, 28, 40 - Monochrome Probably overlapping other themes, but in B/W!!
Week 05, 17, 29, 41 - Abstract Creativity unleashed!
Week 06, 18, 30, 42 - Joker Week Anything that takes my fancy ......
Week 07, 19, 31, 43 - Reflections Mirrors, glass etc
Week 08, 20, 32, 44 - Machinery Machines, transport etc
Week 09, 21, 33, 45 - Sport Probably more volleyball than anything else .......
Week 10, 22, 34, 46 - Streetlife At work, at play, candid street stuff ......
Week 11, 23, 35, 47 - Long Players Light trails, ND filters, 1" to 'bulb'
Week 12, 24, 36, 48 - Macro When I become the Lord of the Rings .....

My first 7 shots will be with the 1st theme 'Concrete Jungle'. When I return to this theme (weeks 13, 25 and 37) my plan is to go for a slightly different treatment/subject matter.

In the end I'll have the 12 themes done 4 times. Hopefully with some improvement along the way.

I have done this as I can't really take and post 1 shot a day - which I think should be the essence of a 365 POTD Challenge. This year I have also been doing a 52 Challenge and I found that the thematic aspect was a good incentive to go and look for specific stuff. All I have done reallly is combine the two challenges. If anyone wants to copy/use my idea, feel free to do so.

A big thanks to everyone who has taken time to look in and comment and I hope you all have a great 2013. (y) (y) (y)

Back