My latest sunset pictures

Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from this tread Sunset walk, heres a few new sunset pictures from my latest film.

If anyones interested, the rest of the set is here

What do you guys think, can you see any improvement? :)

love the first shot, the low viewpoint really exagerates the distance to the people in the background. A lovely lead in line too

#1 - love it - great angle and lines draws my eye to the figures in the distance
#2 - Has no interesting feature for me
#3 - Too much black on the right for me (rock outcrop?) ditracts from the building
#4 - NOt sure why but my eye wanders around the picture looking for the point of interest. It may be because there are so many black shapes in the shot.
#5 - Nice idea but if anything I think there are too many lights in shot and not enough reflection.

Hope this helps rather than hinders (still learning myself)

Thanks for the feedback!

I think 1 is my favourite, its just simple but effective.

I wasn't too sure myself about 4 and 5 myself, especially 5. When i took it I wasn't too sure how it would come out, I just had the camera sitting on the harbor wall and held the shutter open for "8 Mississippis". I might try again with a 6 second exposure and see if I can keep the colour but stop the streetlights being overexposed.

No. 1 for me but I think you are right, no. 5 could become a very nice shot. If you kept going back until you got it perfect then you would probably learn a lot.

WOW I think they are all great, but number one and number 4 four for me

#1 is great. (y) #2 is a good idea, but I reckon you need to go back when the moon (or setting sun) can be seen through the hoop!

Back