My Little Girl

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Nothing fancy, just a couple around the house as I get more used to my D3100 and messing in LR. (this week I realised LR doesn't do much sharpening during import) :thinking:

#1 (with 35mm 1.8)

DSC_2707.jpg by Zarch1972, on Flickr

#2 (with 18-70 and an annoying background!) :thumbsdown:

DSC_2339.jpg by Zarch1972, on Flickr

Any comments to help me learn more would be appreciated.

She is a very pretty girl.

#1 for me, with a reflector on her right hand side to balance out the light coming from the right, it would be spot on

Mick,

Two lovely pictures.

I like #1 looks like it has been taken in a studio, brilliant.

Did you use a flash?

Thank you

She is a very pretty girl.

#1 for me, with a reflector on her right hand side to balance out the light coming from the right, it would be spot on

Thanks Sarah. She rarely sits still long enough to take a picture having just discovered walking, so not sure i'd have time to get a reflector (or another pair of hands to do so)...... thanks for the tip though, lighting will have to be something I get to grips with later when she becomes more cooperative. (y)

Mick,

Two lovely pictures.

I like #1 looks like it has been taken in a studio, brilliant.

Did you use a flash?

Hi Sep, no flash used nor a studio, just limited natural light sat on the kitchen floor. Thankfully the textured lino we have does give a nice background, hence be taking to shot with me being a little higher to get the background. Any lower and I'd have got the table and chairs behind her. :D

That 35mm prime lens really helps as i was down at f2.2

I'm chuffed people think they are good.... must mean i'm doing something right and getting a little better.

She's gorgeous!!
Love the first one, I actually really love the lighting as it is. It would make a gorgeous black and white.
H x

She's gorgeous!!
Love the first one, I actually really love the lighting as it is. It would make a gorgeous black and white.
H x
Thank you Helen,

That might be my Lightroom play-time tonight then....... Never played with B&W, so who knows how that will come out. :LOL:

I like #1 lighting just as it is, it gives a nice depth. My only comment would be to watch the framing/crop, through fingers, joints etc
Not sure what % viewfinder your camera body has which may impact on exact framing slightly but you can always crop accordingly.

I like #1 lighting just as it is, it gives a nice depth. My only comment would be to watch the framing/crop, through fingers, joints etc
Not sure what % viewfinder your camera body has which may impact on exact framing slightly but you can always crop accordingly.

Thanks Andrew, I will take that on-board.

The bottom of the shot is as framed i'm afraid..... I was up against the kitchen wall with no further space to move back..... the other 3 sides were cropped to remove the rest of the kitchen. :D

Here's a B&W Attempt of no.1, never really done any B&W conversions in LR but the "straight out the box" conversion that LR looked a little dull, so I upped a few things! :wacky:

Not sure if i've overdone it or not?

DSC_2707.jpg by Zarch1972, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry to pester, but any comments on my first B&W conversion? :D

After not liking it initially, its sort of growing on me...... the lack of light on the left hand side of Lauren's hair really shows now in B&W which I seem to get away with in colour.

Back