My little jaunt this evening.

H

Hoodi

In a similar vein to Hackers evening ramblings I went off hiking toward a tree, or set of trees, that I rather like. Nothing inherently special about them, they're just squat hazelnuts - I like the shapes they make and their gnarly trunks, though.

The trees had tons of hazelnuts growing, not ripened yet (obv.) - but I'll have to go back to have a taste later in the year :D

The sunset was a bit of a non starter when I got there - I had expected this, clear skies all day - but it's not often I feel I have the energy (read : can be arsed) to walk for 21/2 hours up and down hills, through seriously overgrown woods & fields, and through a few streams, all with a ton of photography gear - so I just went for it anyway :)

I settled on using IR for most stuff - and in turn I was using an 89B filter, I was getting some really really nice crisp B&W's from my 87C, but I just loved the crazy colours from the 89B.

First up a shot of me - sorry about the ****, didn't notice it when shooting :/
hoodifw5kf4.jpg

My favouritest of all the hazelnuts - got a fair few shots of this one!
treewalk2be2.jpg

Messing around with shadows again :
treewalk3fn7.jpg

And a pano - there's another one in some woodland, but that's being a PITA to stitch!
treewalk4qp6.jpg

And that's yer lot - comments and suggestions appreciated :)

I love them all, the second one just because of my personal colour prefrance makes me feel sick(I've been like that since I was small just that colour does somthing to me). thay are all cracking shots I like the 3rd one best that shadow is excellant, Really makes me happy to see creative well-executed shots :D

Thankyou sir!
1 & 2 are cross processed to varying extents using a PS action Shiato sent me (thanks!) - the effect certainly isn't for everyone :D

I give up, I'm going back to horses and macro! :D

Great shots with superb colour and creativity. :clap:

heh!
Glad ya like em' :D

On the pano shot there's some weird green fringing around the nearest tree - and ideas how I can get rid of that?

The pano is the shot that stands out from this set. Just excellent! :)

Ed :)

Wow what long legs you have :eek: :LOL:

Shadow in #3 looks like a rifle and sights!

Don't like blue one but appreciate the creativity and effort put into this fine set. Thanks for sharing(y)

My legs are exceptionally long, yes - I've applied to many a circus, but apparently my beard is too scary?

:D

Back