My local woods. pano, and tree tops cant decide which one to keep.

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these during the week over my local woods whilst walking the dogs. The pano is pretty ordinary but still ok. Im not sure which one of the tree tops i should keep. as you can see i have added the lens flare. Please comment on which one you pefer. and any other comments welcome.

pano:
miilber_woods_panoramic_1.jpg

Tree tops 1:
z8.jpg

Tree tops 2:
z7.jpg

Thanks for looking.

only one competes...the vertical format just cant be a pano really
no 1 has good potential for extracting more 'atmosphere' by way of light and shade
cheers
geof

I didnt mean the tree tops where a pano. it was meant to be a pano and some tree tops. I think the first one i could work more on. cheers

I didnt mean the tree tops where a pano. it was meant to be a pano and some tree tops. I think the first one i could work more on. cheers

i sit corrected here in the living room :p

no worries and thanks for the heads up

The first one would have worked if there were some tree tops in the pic. Now it looks like they've been chopped off and somehow, it doesn't feel right.

Of the tree tops, the second one is better. The "flare" is not really so much lens flare as actual sun.

*Edit* When I say second one, I mean the second photo (the first tree top)

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments. So without lens flare it seems. Any ideas on how to improve both pics the pano and tree tops? regards Dan

Pano:
miilber_woods_panoramic_1.jpg

I think the mistake you made was by showing the 2, average IMHO, tree shots.

The pano if it were bigger, I think could look quite good.

Give it a go, and repost.

D in W

Back