My Lotus and Me. (Pic update 10/11/11)

Name
Martyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Had some adventures over the past few years... Thought I'd post up a few of my favourite shots in one place, rather than have trhem dotted around the web in various forums... Any thoughts appreciated. (y)

Weapon Chosen:
weapon.jpg

Foreboding:
foreboding.jpg

The Quiraing:
Quiraig.jpg

Driving Heaven:
Heaven2.jpg

Twisted:
twisted.jpg

The Last Rays:
sunset.jpg

Last edited:
Ah I've seen the first few on your Flickr stream, they look stunning. I certainly want to try the Quiraing myself now as we've just come back from a highlands roadtrip too :)

Didnt realise you were local as well :wave:

The side on sunset of the elise is nice too, removing the top of the fence on the left could help it look cleaner though

Hi Phil... yeah local-ish to you - gimme a wave is you see me out on the roads - you can't really miss me :D I'll look you up on Flickr...

I took that sunset one way back in 2005, on Christmas Eve - pre-dated my use of photoshop, that one - and was taken on a point and shoot Ixus that i happened to have int he car at the time - haven't re-visited it to tinker either, but yeah - i see what you mean - I might have a play at some point.

I think I may have seen you on the road on our way home from the road trip tbh, opposite way on the A1 though so I couldnt really wave.. Unless their's another 'subtle' exige in the area that is :)

Love that driving shot dude.

Was just about to send you to visualechoes work but I see on flickr you've already found him

Love that driving shot dude.

Was just about to send you to visualechoes work but I see on flickr you've already found him

Thanks Andy - yeah - been following Andrew for a while now (as well as youself...) Completed my 'car rig' recently too, so expect some more long exposure night shots to come along soon too. Waiting on some upgraded carbon fibre poles to arrive :cool: Also got a large scale dome shot in the works too - a play on words, and a lot of domes! (I knew i should have done it straight away, before you posted your dome tutorial!!) I'll keep you posted...

Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

Martyn

Last edited:
Awesome car. The roads around Skye and Applecross are breathtaking aren't they?
I went on a 2000+ mile hoon around that whole region in my old Clio 182. I even called in sick to work after 3 days so I could turn round and drive all the roads again!

The shots are great, especially the early ones with that very mean sky.

I'm also from West Yorkshire too and I think I may have seen the krypton green Exige around sometime in the past :)

Weapon chosen and driving heaven my favourites though parking looks a bit dodgy lol! Great pics

Love the picture, nice car.....those roads look like a lot of fun....Wonder if I can afford the fuel to get the scooby up there..lol

GJUK

fantastic set!! great locations.....who was holding the camera for 'the mean streets'?

Yep, sold it in August 2010 and moved to South Korea.
Drive a banger now, but love it here!

That's quite a change of lifestyle! A little Jealous!

fantastic set!! great locations.....who was holding the camera for 'the mean streets'?

Daringly (stupidly?!) it was rigged outside of the car, using my GorillaPod, attached to the wing mirror, and fired with a remote on a 2 second timer. Not as dangerous as it sounds, and I was using my backup camera, not my 5D2..! A common misconception with 'rig' shots like that is that the car is travelling at speed - in my case, literally a walking pace was all that was required - with an exposure time of 6 seconds from memory. Fired off camera flash in the passenger footwell to light myself up face. :cool:

Well done on the GorillaPod and you've picked some fantastic locations.

As for the car - you only look about 12 years old so I'm sad on that front.

33... I promise there was not retouching going on there - if you zoom in you can definitely see wrinkles! :LOL: :D

(Always looked young - roll on 50, when i'll still be looking 21 :D)

Cheers,
Martyn.

Last edited:
A couple more to add to the collection... from a few weeks ago: I only just got round to taking them off the memory card!

Some late night, light painted, long exposures of the car, taken over looking Scammonden Reservoir, West Yorks:

...and one for Mr Whyte: ;)

P.S - I promise the lens/LEDsidelight flare isn't added in post... that's how it came SOOC... see the SOOC original image (cropped) here, for the doubters!

I was given a useful tip over on another (lotus) forum, that is blindingly obvious, and that nver crossed my mind: avoid such intense side light flare, by leaving them off for the majority o the exposure, and simply flick thrm on/off briefly... The things you don't think of, when you're freezing your toes off in the middle of nowhere!

Back