My morning job

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
Each morning I have to put the boat on the water in readiness for providing the safety cover. Each evening I do it all in reverse.. to lock it away in the container. I would love to be able to leave her on the water, but security would be a nightmare. This was shot on my little Nikon compact camera. It is the best I have. Media Maker on Windows 7, very basic I know. I am still learning.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMrel0kRiQ4&t=16s

Great vid, and lots of work at the start and end of each day! I like the trick with the green webbing strap to use the leverage and centre of gravity of the outboard to your advantage. Pleasure to watch, thanks for making the vid

A worthy video presentation of the process :)

PS but can I ask, are you the only person on site during the launch and retrieval procedures? If so and I am not being a H&S nag, you are at risk........I say this because I had a customer who was a one man operation. He had a fall from height and lay injured on the floor for some time before he was discovered, the other businesses on the small industrial estate had finished their day a few hours earlier, so no one to hear his call for help........as I recall his wife found him because he was overdue to get home. He sold up and retired 9 months later even though his business was doing ok... ..sold all his gear i.e. closed the business rather than try to find a buyer for 'the business'.

Hope you never drop that prop on your foot! :eek:

I would put my foot under the skeg to protect it if there was any danger of it hitting the concrete!

Box Brownie: No, there is a gang, they are the folks I am providing the safety cover for. I do give them a hand with some of the jobs. We have been chipping rusty steel - they use the windy tools, I use an old fashioned manual chipping hammer, just to lend a hand. Painting too - I painted my outboard trolley at the end of a couple of days using up the bit of Dacrylate 2-pack epoxy paint for the bridge. I don't think there will be many outboard trollies corrosion protected to such a degree!

Last edited:
Gramps - that gearbox is over £700 to replace.

I have another foot....

good video, i would kill or reduce the volume of the generator though.

When I have learned how to deal with sound, I can get on to that kind of aspect. One stage at a time! It took me two days to get the snipping done. Computer stuff isn't easy for me. At some stage I will buy a microphone that plugs into the camera, there is one that you can have the microphone clipped to someone's clothes and record from some distance away - that would be ideal for me doing boat test videos.

Back