My most viewed photo on Flickr yesterday......... Part 2

"IT MADE EXPLORE" :) :)

Just a simple landscape style Snapograph taken at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of part of the desolate landscape and some of the things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty type presentation for this snap to bring out some of the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

RX10M4, 1/1400 @ F5.6, ISO-100, Tripod.
Desolate Landscape (1)-03508 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London UK showing part of a Trombone that’s being played by someone in a Sally Army band.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this snap will be included.

RX10M4, 1/160th @ F4.5, ISO-160, Handheld.
Street Performer (7)-03505 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Looks almost posed- great capture Gary

Thanks, Les. They were posing for quite a few people. It was the 22nd of August and I seem to recall that there was something going on at Trafalgar Square, as I remember quite a few people being there - a hot summer's day outside lockdown, so maybe not surprising. Anyway, they looked quite striking, sitting together on one of the concrete bollards, and a lot of cameras and phones came out. They were willing subjects, and my style is street rather than formal portrait, so I just moved round to the side and clicked.

Thanks, Les. They were posing for quite a few people. It was the 22nd of August and I seem to recall that there was something going on at Trafalgar Square, as I remember quite a few people being there - a hot summer's day outside lockdown, so maybe not surprising. Anyway, they looked quite striking, sitting together on one of the concrete bollards, and a lot of cameras and phones came out. They were willing subjects, and my style is street rather than formal portrait, so I just moved round to the side and clicked.

Morning Gary, I had planned to visit London last year (June) - booked the hotel for a week, with the intention of shooting some "Street" I even bought a fast prime lens for the job ( Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART - then all this lockdown stuff kicked in and I never made it- maybe this year

Les :)

Morning Gary, I had planned to visit London last year (June) - booked the hotel for a week, with the intention of shooting some "Street" I even bought a fast prime lens for the job ( Sigma 24mm f1.4 ART - then all this lockdown stuff kicked in and I never made it- maybe this year

Fingers crossed, Les. By the time we're out of lockdown, I hope I haven't forgotten how to use the camera. :)

I feel a little like that too - I have just purchased a 2nd camera - Sony a7Riv and NOT used it yet :(

I made the mistake of watching some videos on photography and got the itch! Put my manual 35mm lens on my A6000, set it for wide open, and started looking around for home subjects. Had to look very closely at the rings and camera settings, trying to work out what's what, because the camera screen was black no matter what I did! Total confusion! Then I unmounted it and remounted, and it worked. Phew! When I get it back out on the street, I'm going to have to work out how to use hyperfocal distance focusing again.

Just a simple landscape type Snapograph taken a time or two ago at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of an old winch mechanism that was used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach and an old fisherman's hut. These are just two of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been Discarded & left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

RX10M4, 1/680th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Tripod.
Discarded (1)-03507 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

During the past time or two I've been trying to snap the same shots both with my APSC (not Sony) units and my RX10M4 or RX100M6 Sony units all at base ISO settings and as near as possible the same focal lengths as a comparison. And I hate to admit it but in more cases than not the RX shots are marginally sharper per equivalent focal length and aperture using zoom lenses, have more contrast straight out of the camera, they are faster focussing and to me generally more appealing. I very seldom shoot low light so I would expect the APSC snaps to be a bit better with the regards to noise in those circumstances. These are not in any way meant to be scientific assessments just my own personal findings under user conditions.

Just a simple tourist close up type Snapograph taken at Kent UK of some fishing boat Rope. I've deliberately gone for a semi graphic higher contrast gritty look to this snap to emphasise the texture.

RX10M4, 1/800th @ F5, ISO-100, Handheld.
Fishing Boat Rope-03515 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Last edited:
Back