My new birding set up (thanks to TP)

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Sorry, I couldn't resist posting a few photos of my new birding set up thanks to a couple of members on here.

Firstly to Graham (Grayo) for his fantastic Nikon 300mm F2.8 VR, which is so sharp, I think I cut myself :LOL:

Secondly to Grant (GPA) for his gimbal head.

Coupled with my new gripped D800 and TC20E III and TC14E II Converters, I now have a range of options from 300 to 600mm in full frame or 450 to 900mm in cropped mode. Happy days, just need some time off work now to actually use them.

DSCN2992 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSCN2990 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

DSCN2991 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Great set up Andrew....i have the same but with TC 17E II, D700 and D300 bodies. Just need to get out and use it in anger...!!

Wow Andrew, that looks a fantastic setup but what a coincidence, it looks like the gimbal head and 300mm have been re-united as it was Grant, (gpa) whom I purchased the lens from back in December. Please can I have a picture of the setup I'll hang it on the back of the bathroom door and memorise while I'm taking a .......................................bath :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I hope you get lots of use out of it Andrew, a lens like that needs to be used and I'm sure your going to use it. Looking forward to seeing some images.

I'll leave itrader feedback for you now.

Best regards

Graham

PS I hope your neighbours across the road have got blinds up at the windows!! don't want to see you get arrested for peeping LOL

Anybody. I've got a very nice mint D3S for sale in the classifieds with only 8,934 clicks :shrug:

Last edited:
Andrew, did you find the waterproof jacket in the side pocket of the bag??? I had them made for it, you will find a cap that goes over the end of the lens, the jacket for the lens, and also a cover for the camera when it is setup like you have it in the pictures.

Cheers

Graham

Andrew, did you find the waterproof jacket in the side pocket of the bag??? I had them made for it, you will find a cap that goes over the end of the lens, the jacket for the lens, and also a cover for the camera when it is setup like you have it in the pictures.

Cheers

Graham

I did Graham thanks. Not taken it out yet and had a look but will tomorrow.

I've got the same setup. You are going to be extremely pleased with the 300mm and 2 x bolted together.
It really is a superb setup.

Kev.

Looks sweet, my next purchase is the 300 2.8.

Congrats and enjoy.

fracster said:
Looks sweet, my next purchase is the 300 2.8.

Congrats and enjoy.

Good luck...all the long Nikon lenses seem to be made of unobtanium at the moment (even for ready money)

:D:D:D Lucky man Andrew - what a great set up :D:D:D

Can I please ask for more details of the card holder in the bottom right of the second photo - is it for SD cards? If so, it looks like it could be just what I'm after.

Thanks,

Puddle

Back