My new motorbike

I love the colours and composition of the second picture :)

I like the second image very much. I like the fact that the bike is almost part of the landscape... which suits that type of bike very well. however....considering it was taken with a 5D MkIII the quality is terrible. What lenses are you using? Looking at your hi res Flickr image, you have some HUGE CA problems, and sharpness is very poor indeed.

mBk8RYb.jpg

Lightroom and ACR both have very effective CA removal.

Last edited:
I like the second image very much. I like the fact that the bike is almost part of the landscape... which suits that type of bike very well. however....considering it was taken with a 5D MkIII the quality is terrible. What lenses are you using? Looking at your hi res Flickr image, you have some HUGE CA problems, and sharpness is very poor indeed.

Lightroom and ACR both have very effective CA removal.

I printed it a3 and sharpness seems good
I took 3 bracketed shots hand held, could that be the cause?

I printed it a3 and sharpness seems good

You've got me wondering ?? Ill check the original files when I get home from work
Could it also have anything to do with shooting into the sun?

If you merged them somehow, then yes.... that could well be the case.

Could it also have anything to do with shooting into the sun?

No.. that looks like chromatic aberration.. which is a lens issue. However, merging multiple shots into some kind of HDR/Tonemapped image can have some weird effects if they were hand held, or there was movement within the scene.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and both apply

They were hand held and the branches no doubt were moving in the wind

Second shot like the most and its an almost spot the bike shot as it blends in well.

Back