My new Puppy and water - Not Cute :-)

Name
Christine
Edit My Images
Yes
After losing two of my Dobermanns to Cancer in the last couple of months I was offered a seven month old pup in need of some attention just under two weeks ago. He is mentally like a 10 week old pup in a seven month old body and although he has been well loved he has not been exercised.

Recently Yv showed some pictures of her JR with water and I mentioned that I would like a dog that played like that - I have now discovered what a pain it is as I cannot even use the watering can without his "help" :D

Here is my lovely boy - I make excuses for the pictures in advance as I was handholding 50D with 70-200 2.8 IS (somewhat heavy combination) in one hand and the hose in the other :wacky:

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

V3.jpg

Lovely happy pictures, just don't try to wash the car when he is around though, claws and paintwork don't go together well as I know from have a GSD jumping all over my car trying to catch the hose :LOL:

My dog is scared of absolutely everything except for empty plastic 2 litre bottles and his favourite (and only!) toy - his rubber chicken.

It's quite handy, when he's been naughty you can simply tell him off using any of the inanimate objects around you!

Excellent shots, and while technically they're not very well composed or in particularly sharp focus, I think that adds to them.

After all they're pretty bloody hectic!

Thanks for looking and commenting - he not only eats water but shoes, carpets, blankets, anything he can lay his teeth into basically - oh the joys of having an untrained rescue !

I discovered he liked water when his barking was driving me up the wall and I sprayed some water at him - he liked it, in fact he likes any attention good or bad so we are trying very hard to ignore him when he is doing something we don't like and praising for the good but when they are as noisy and distructive as he is it is difficult to ignore.

When he grows up he will be lovely (I hope).

I will have to try him with the waterfilled bottles when we next have one as I think he will like that - although he will bark at it to try and get it to play with him !

:LOL: :clap: brilliant Christine, and yes, doing anything that involves the water tap is a problem, just less of one when they are 15inches high, not somewhere round your waist.

I have already met the boy in question and he is a beauty, looking forward to the shots when Chrstine has finally got him to understand that not everything he puts in his mouth actually has to be chewed :LOL: ;)

Brings back great memories for me as we had five dobes in our one house at one time...It's a long story. I have asthma now so no more pets :(

He's a beautiful dog and you have taken some great photos here and I love the water shots, maybe he should hold the hose for you wouldn't need too much training :LOL: Thanks for sharing them.

Congrats on the new addition Christine
I love #1 (y)
(Oh and we can do with more " not cute" :D)

Thats not dog , its a shark !

I have frequently thought the same when he had his mouth around my wrist!

He is lovely (occasionally) but cute is the last thing I would refer to him as, hope to get some more pictures of him before long - perhaps if I take him on a TP meet someone might kidnap him :naughty: He is so big it is sometimes difficult to remember he is still a puppy

Love that manic look!! Excellent "action" shots(y)(y)

Do you "trade up" with something more exciting when he's chewing inappropriately? It worked for mine when he was tiny and still does even aged 8.:LOL:

Do you "trade up" with something more exciting when he's chewing inappropriately? It worked for mine when he was tiny and still does even aged 8.:LOL:

When I have had them from tiny I never had a problem as "give" and "leave" were something they learned from the time they were born almost - but this thing grabs and runs and then tempts you to chase him which I will not do. I get some treats and play with Toxic, who was my "puppy" until a few weeks ago even if she is five , eventually he wants some and will come to me but does not get anything until I have the object in my hand or he will drop, grab and run off again.

Ouch springs to mind looking at them there teeth ;)

Nice looking dog and well caught shots. Sounds like you have the right ideas with his training. When my labrador was a boisterous pup my brother ( a animal behaviourist) told me to growl sharply at her. It worked.

Wouldn`t like to upset those teeth!! They are sharp in more than one sense.

Great subject, great pics!

Considering the degree of difficulty in holding and operating a heavy camera/lens whilst directing the hosepipe with the other hand, the pics are excellent!!!:clap:

Great shots - I laughed at the 2nd as the angle looks like someone is relieving themselves on the dog :D

Back