My new toy

Edit My Images
Yes
So, after buying and selling, buy and selling kit, I decided to take a break from shooting 'full on' this year and dropped some moola on my upgrade bike, a Lapierre Zesty 314 full sus MB.

Loving it and hitting the trails more than ever now that my hard tail Diamond Back has been put out to graze!! One prang so far when I went over the bars, but managed to catch the bike. You gotta laugh, screw my injuries, but god forbid anything happening to my new rolls royce :LOL: Saying that I am a 4th generation rider and not as young as I once was so one needs to be careful :nuts: I went out on my road bike late this week and it was like riding a penny farthing / bone shaker compared to this FOX loaded beast ! (oh and Tobers, I now want to see images of you on your Yeti young man..!!) In fact, we could organise a TP meet as there are a few riders here I think?

Hope you are all OK.

3483705343_1fe5ea7d4f.jpg

3483708211_c40b5b8f2d.jpg

(images shot by a friend).

Last edited:
we could organise a TP meet as there are a few riders here I think?

I could be up for that.

Need a day or two to recover from the Dyfi Enduro in Machynlleth yesterday.
Brutal climbs and tasty descents.

I'd be up for that.

My legs have already forgotten the Dyfi Enduro.

The peaks is your stamping ground and I reckon 'middle ground' for most of us and some decent trails in the area.

Reckon there is a plan brewing...:)

Riding and snapping. What better way to spend a weekend!

im up for it (once i get back to the UK) and think teetosugars is on here as well.

hopefully in a tog riding group i wont be shunned for riding a frankenbike ;)

Hey Pete.. Looks like a bit of Leigh Woods action there???

The Zesty is a great bike.. (y)

You knows it :D

Had my first smash on it last week, ******* the face right up, but as ever, a total buzz paradoxically. :wacky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate - this is the only one I could find

268881332_vY7B7-M-1.jpg

:D

Tobers

All that shot needs is a basket on the front of the bike to recreate that ET scene. :nuts:

You're both braver than me when it comes to bike riding that's for sure!

OK - it's not me on a Yeti. I took the pic and I think you're right that it is a Kona.

I couldn't get that far off the ground if you put me in a trebuchet!

Ha, not to worry. I rumbled it. However, not to worry I got told by one of the staff writers of MBR that my shape was all wrong for the photo. Naturally, I said that I usually take the photos! I stopped off on a trail and got these in the can....

3505326198_937e142bb4.jpg

3505329242_a3655fde85.jpg

3504518891_61c696f111.jpg

3505328286_67a6b58a50.jpg

3505326722_36b5f18170.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about looking at some dates for a meet in June - the weekend of 17th -21st June if anyone is up for a meet.

I can travel to a degree and want to ride somewhere new and we can shoot some frames?

Anyone fancy it if I start a meet thread....? Otherwise it will be Cwmcarn. Again....

Back