My newborn shoot with my son

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Just thought I would put this image up of my new born son up as a gauge for an idea of doing more new borns this way.

image.jpg

brilliant idea :)
care to share how you have done it ? unless baby is really small ;)

Lovely shot, just not sure about the shadow

good PP
i would like to have seen more of the little un. Not sure how at that angle, but.....
i know the difficulties, my wife got pooped on twice when we tried to do naked shots... LOL
think nappy will be staying on next time.......LOL

Interesting idea, I think it works pretty well.

I agree about the shadow though, and I don't think some of the scaling sit quite right. But it's a great start to an idea I'm sure you can develop further.

Congratulations on your newborn son Paul.

Hey I like it.
In regards to the shadow, perhaps a lighter and more diffused shadow would reduce the distraction.

Nice idea Paul :)

Its the shadow that makes it convincing for me, nice attention to detail :)

Thanks everybody I thought that about the shadow at first but then it kind of brings the idea of him coming down to land with us from the heavens and the idea of him floating down rather than him floating up

brilliant idea :)
care to share how you have done it ? unless baby is really small ;)

Its just a 14" hanging basket from B&Q. A cushion cover. One large soft box just off to the left. 3 ballons filled with helium then shoot the baby in the basket then take baby out then shoot the basket with ballons the merge in photoshop easy :)

f4.5 125th iso 1.0 on a D3s with a 70-200mm lens

Interesting idea, I think it works pretty well.

I agree about the shadow though, and I don't think some of the scaling sit quite right. But it's a great start to an idea I'm sure you can develop further.

Congratulations on your newborn son Paul.

No scaling involved it was shot from the same distance just with baby in and baby removed and thank you

OMG this is amazing, ive only just joined but would love to achive images like this one day, i think newborn baby images are so cute

KerryG

OMG this is amazing, ive only just joined but would love to achive images like this one day, i think newborn baby images are so cute

KerryG

Am sure you will Kerry it was quite easy to do this shot

Really cool idea,

what make you choose the combination of balloon colour or is that just what you got?

Its just a 14" hanging basket from B&Q. A cushion cover. One large soft box just off to the left. 3 ballons filled with helium then shoot the baby in the basket then take baby out then shoot the basket with ballons the merge in photoshop easy :)

f4.5 125th iso 1.0 on a D3s with a 70-200mm lens

I'm trying to get my head around how you shot it as I would like to have a try and do something similar! Have you used a background stand frame (the 2 light stands and cross bar) and dangled a wire down from the cross bar to support the basket & balloon?

Really cool idea,

what make you choose the combination of balloon colour or is that just what you got?

I had in my head the ballon colour had 2 white 2 blue and just to see which went best and its better to have odd numbers on things I think the eye sees odd numbers better

I'm trying to get my head around how you shot it as I would like to have a try and do something similar! Have you used a background stand frame (the 2 light stands and cross bar) and dangled a wire down from the cross bar to support the basket & balloon?

Gareth it wasn't that hard and it wasn't all shot together I put my son in the basket got the sister in law to support the basket underneath then I held the basket myself with out the balloons & my assistant shot it then took my son out of basket added balloons then got my assistant to hold it while I shot it at same angle distance then merged in photoshop simple

Back