My night in a field in thaxted

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Inspired by pete barnes' recent corn field post I had another go at some pictures i took the other week at thaxted. C&C always needed (y)
wind3-1.jpg

been resized in photobucket so may be a bit iffy, will put a large link up later when I get home

cheers
Steve

can see what your saying, i took various exposures but wanted to just use one exposure for this and not make it out of multiple. I might try the next one down, i.e. with the sun not so bright.
Im not sure how it would look with a straight horizon, it is actually a hill that its on, although the windmill appears to be leaning the bubble on my tripod was showing i was level?

OK. The sun is not distracting IMO. Something else really is though. It looks like, to me, the photo was shot through manky glass! Little dirty specs and dots all over the place. Also, the textures and quality on the lighthouse looks questionable.

I think if those two issues were resolved it would look awesome.

Gary.

100% correct gary, it was spitting where I was and the grad filter got a right mess, Ive never seen the effects of it so badly before so definately one for the learning curve there. Ive actually cloned a lot out already thats how bad it was. I think the lighthouse looks iffy as Ive pulled it out of the darkness in lightroom (alot of fill light). Not a total loss as this one photo has taught me a hell of a lot about how I go about setting up and thinking about a photo.
thanks
steve

100% correct gary, it was spitting where I was and the grad filter got a right mess, Ive never seen the effects of it so badly before so definately one for the learning curve there. Ive actually cloned a lot out already thats how bad it was. I think the lighthouse looks iffy as Ive pulled it out of the darkness in lightroom (alot of fill light). Not a total loss as this one photo has taught me a hell of a lot about how I go about setting up and thinking about a photo.
thanks
steve

Rain is a pain :D I dunno if you are able to do the same, I often use a cloth to sort of act as a canopy. I drape it over my Lee Universal Lens Hood, just outside of frame.

Useless for rain blowing towards the camera though.

G.

Back