My opinion of the X-700 is dented

excalibur2

My F4's Broken...
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Well recently the moon had been very bright so picked up the X-700 and took some shots of the front garden and parked car from the top window.....but just got a faint image on the negs, Huh! It supposed to be an advanced amateur camera? Well checked the specs and the shutter only goes to 4 secs on auto, well my Nikon N2000 can go to about 25 secs and my Praktica BC1 (like a T90) and can go up to about 40 secs. Well my logic says "a camera that can go up to 40 secs is going to guess a more correct exposure than a camera limited to 4 secs in low light".
And btw I have used the BC1 in a darkened room (i.e. curtains drawn and I couldn't see to focus) and it got the exposure about right.

Well recently the moon had been very bright so picked up the X-700 and took some shots of the front garden and parked car from the top window.....but just got a faint image on the negs, Huh! It supposed to be an advanced amateur camera? Well checked the specs and the shutter only goes to 4 secs on auto,

I used to own a Minolta X-700 but can't remember the spec but very surprised that 4 sec was the longest exp on auto.

Of course you could shoot on manual or Bulb.

Chris

**but very surprised that 4 sec was the longest exp on auto.**

Well so was I... mind you my other favourite camera T70 is only 2 secs but I already knew this. The Olympus OMs can go up to about 60 secs.

Remember that the moon on a telephoto lens can move quite a distance over 25 secs, let alone 40, resulting in a blur.

Remember that the moon on a telephoto lens can move quite a distance over 25 secs, let alone 40, resulting in a blur.

Well it was just to see the results from the X-700 from moonlight...but I've taken similar appx shots with the T90, BC1 and N2000 to compare, if there is anything interesting or successful, I will post the results.

Back