My photos look funny - why?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought a lens from the forum some time ago - but did not get the chance to take it out until today. Noticed that my photos look strange. I have three options open to me:

1. I have done something strange with the camera/lens
2. There is something wrong with the lens (unlikely)
3. I am using my mac to do some editing for the first time and the screen makes things look weird - but why only my pictures.

Grateful for clarity!

Here is an example

large.jpg

Not composition, it looks a bit strange to me. Any thoughts?

The original on my pbase (below)

Chris

looks ok to me, unless you can tell us what you think is funny, then:shrug:

is it the sharpnessfrom a good lens?
is it the better/worse colours from a new lens?

what lens was it?

Just looks a bit flat in terms of colouring.

looks ok to me, unless you can tell us what you think is funny, then:shrug:

is it the sharpnessfrom a good lens?
is it the better/worse colours from a new lens?

what lens was it?

Tamron 17-50 2.8. I think that maybe this is the answer. Does it make *that* much difference?

The picture has gone through no processing other than going from raw to jpg.

There are a number of others that I could put up, but I think my issue is with the amount of colour - certainly the water in the fountain is sharp on the original.

Chris

Tamron 15-50 2.8. I think that maybe this is the answer. Does it make *that* much difference?

The picture has gone through no processing other than going from raw to jpg.

There are a number of others that I could put up, but I think my issue is with the amount of colour - certainly the water in the fountain is sharp on the original.

Chris

If your problem is a lack of colour try adjusting the levels. I just did it and the colour is already jumping out a bit.

Original
large.jpg

Levels adjusted
ywqtge.jpg

perhaps set your camera on a tripod or a table or something and use your usual lens and this one to check how accurately they match

I think that I am not used to the better quality lens - the change of the levels has made it look far better. Thanks.

I took the snap for no other reason than I was going to a couple of different towns today and I wanted to check the geotagging. It's incredible - if you are interested go to http://www.pbase.com/chrismead/inbox and click on the original, at the bottom there is a link to the map. Dead on where the photo was taken from. Its only a cheap tagger from ebay.

what tag toll do you use.

Interesting in this tagging malarkey

Back