Critique My Pics

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi - New to the forum and a new photographer - tips and advice welcome (in a base language that I can understand please :) not too technical!!)

Thames Barrier

DSC_0052.jpg
by jim_Cotter, on Flickr

Big Ben

DSC_0360.jpg
by jim_Cotter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Both work for me Jim but the big ben shot looks like it maybe suffering from barrel distortion? BB looks straight but the building on the left isn't. Look into correcting converging verticles.

Good shots none the less though!

Thanks. I corrected the lens distortion in Lightroom, but now you say - i see it!! will try your tips later.
many thanks for the comment

Many thanks for the comments. I'll see if I can upload a colour shot of the Thames Barrier later.

#1 is good (y) but as Simon said, the water appears a bit too dark for me as well.....although, as generally seems to be the case, it is definitely a bit darker on here than it is on flickr!

As your edit box is ticked, I had a bit of a play... :) ...just to lighten the water a fraction and bring out the reflections a little more! I'll take it down if you don't like it!

10622050125_8ae3de6813_o
by Fuzzyfelt30, on Flickr

"As your edit box is ticked"......I suppose that is a bit out of date now as we don't have boxes to tick or cross any more!! :D:D

the barrier is a good conversion and has lots of interest regarding the engineering element
the hp and the light trails are really not helping each other
difficult to do at night with traffic etc...but for me it isnt a good shot in that instance
cheers
geoff

Back