My poor moon shot

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought i would try a moon shot since theres been a few on here.Dont think it turned out that good:thumbsdown:

All c+c welcome

It does'nt seem as sharp as the other posts, wondering if its the weather tonight.:shrug:

nothing wrong with this add some light and contrast and a bit if usm just a little of each and it will be ok. ive had a go but the file size is only 18k so a little small but im shir on the full size this will come out ok.

jason

What lens did you use?

Just check this out at work looks better on screen than at home (y)

Thanks for the c+c i used the sigma 50-500

Thats the baby I want! Did you crop the original? It looks ok to me... did you apply any sharpness to it?
Another problem could be you've taken it too late in the moons phase... take it a little earlier get the craters oh the southern pole just in shade, a little like this...

moon-1.jpg

To be honest I'd do it a little earlier than that too. :LOL:
But yours looks fine!

I cropped it and sharpened it when i resized it to post on here.Was thinking the same about taking it earlier was just to busy until last night:LOL:

I think you'd benefit from shooting in manual an stopping the lens down a bit to about f/11 to f/13 and use a lower shutter speed, also your shot is about 1/2 stop underexposed.
Did you use a tripod and MLU, they're both essential for very long focal lengths.
A bit of careful post processing can make a huge difference too ;)
All that said it really isn't as terrible as some of my early efforts!

Cheers juz, was using a tripod and the camera self timer with mirror up to try and stop camera shake. Will try f11 next time (y)

Back