My Project Stoke Kickstarter Project

Name
Jenna
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone,

Just a quick one here introducing a project I am working on after many years of planning and researching! The interest and love that I have seen for this project so far has completely overwhelmed me and so I have decided to take it one step further and extend it.

However, as with many things, funding is the issue, so I have turned to Crowd Funding through Kickstarter, to see if I can get the funding I need to enable me to share this project how it needs to be!

I was wondering if you could give me a little bit of support and traffic by sharing this for me and helping me out a little. I knows it is a bit cheeky but I need all the publicity I can get!

Here is the link, if you take a look everything about the project is explained in there and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon,

Also, pledges are more than welcome, even just £1/$1 will make all the difference!

Thank you guys!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectstoke/project-stoke

Here are a few of the images from Project Stoke, but please, read all the info in the link, everything is in there.

Stoke Town Hall by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

City Road by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

http://ravenphotographyuk.wordpress.com/project-stoke/

Thank you all again!

Jenna

Nice idea, seen the same thing done with Glasgow before. Is it costing you to use the old images at all?

A little update for all of those who are interested!

This project has been picked up by a couple of local media groups!

One is the local history site www.thepotteries.org that have put the project on their front page!

The other is http://staffslive.co.uk/2013/07/31/past-and-present-combine-in-photography-project/

It's a great feeling to have something like this take off, as I have been planning this for many years now! Anyway, it is over 25% funded now and I would be honoured if you guys could share this project on your Facebook/Twitter/Social media for me please! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectstoke/project-stoke

Here is the funding so far...

[url=http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/projectstoke/project-stoke/][/URL]

A quick update, people are backing left, right and centre, it has been picked up by a couple of local sites and the interest is rocketing!

Anyway, here is one of the latest from Burslem, it is the Royal Doulton factory, now left to rot in a state of complete disrepair.

Doultons, Burslem by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

Great idea for a project. Would love to do a small scale one for my local town.

Where do you get the old photos from, and are there any copyright issues in using them?

Love the work Jenna.

Where are you getting the old photos from, and is there a copyright issue with them?

I'd love to do something like this too, but not sure where to start and what the issues are.

Where are you getting the old photos from, and is there a copyright issue with them?

Third time this has come up in the thread - I'm quite interested in the answer to this too.

Hi all, in regards to copyright, I have permission for some, am in talks for the others and the rest have fallen to Creative Commons etc because as they were taken 100 years ago for example, there is no copyright because no one owns it any more, the original photos of a lot of these no longer exist, so it is just a case of finding them.

I am in talks with a couple of people and the local museum to use extensive collections. Some can be used but not sole, some can be sold with a percentage paid and some are free to use and distribute.

It is really on a case by case basis!

Hi all, in regards to copyright, I have permission for some, am in talks for the others and the rest have fallen to Creative Commons etc because as they were taken 100 years ago for example, there is no copyright because no one owns it any more, the original photos of a lot of these no longer exist, so it is just a case of finding them.

I am in talks with a couple of people and the local museum to use extensive collections. Some can be used but not sole, some can be sold with a percentage paid and some are free to use and distribute.

That answers the question. Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into this.

Thanks Jenna,

So if i want to do something similar, local museum is best place to start?

Thanks Jenna,

So if i want to do something similar, local museum is best place to start?

Yes Steve, first off, Google local shots of your area and take a note of who they are copyrighted to, as the person may be alive and own them, but contact your local museum or archives or even council, they will be able to help! (y)

Quick update! Just tipped over the 50% mark!

Thank you all for the support and I hope you all continue to enjoy the project! Onwards and upwards! 20 days left! Please, share, share, share!

And here, have another image! :)

Burslem Sunday School by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

Yes Steve, first off, Google local shots of your area and take a note of who they are copyrighted to, as the person may be alive and own them, but contact your local museum or archives or even council, they will be able to help! (y)

Thanks for the advice Jenna. Will make a start on getting one local to me up and running.

Great idea.

So another quick update, but before I begin, thank you to everyone so far that has supported me in this project and thank you to all that have pledged and shared this campaign!
I have been contacted by Radio Stoke, to do an interview with them, I have also had meetings with the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery, who are interested in my project for a mobile exhibition, touring nursing homes and the such! This is on top of the exhibitions I have already been offered.
However, none of this will be able to go ahead without support so keep on sharing, tell your friends, your family and your co-workers! Lets get Project Stoke known and funded and take it to the top!
Thank you all again for your wonderful support, we are coming up to the last stretch and I know we can do it!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectstoke/project-stoke

Here is the newest image from Hanley

Hanley Potteries by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

Back